At Dyson we are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and never misused.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about any aspect of this policy or how Dyson handles your information please email our Privacy Team at email@example.com.
Privacy policies can be complicated. We have tried to make ours as clear and as accessible as possible. To help, we have also summarised how we handle your personal information at Dyson in our privacy principles below. These principles demonstrate our commitment to protecting your privacy and handling your personal information in the right way and as you would expect it to be handled.
At Dyson we:
- Will only ask for or collect the personal information we need to provide and improve the service, products and experiences our customers expect.
- Give you control over the personal information we hold about you to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences.
- Make sure your personal information is always secure and protected.
- Are fair and transparent about how we use the personal information we hold.
- Only ever use your personal information for the purpose that you trusted us to use it for.
- Respect your choices and will inform you if there are important changes that affect your personal information or how we use it.
- Take responsibility for the personal information that we hold about you.
What personal information do we collect?
We are not interested in collecting every personal detail about you. Our main reasons for collecting your personal information is to provide you with information or services that you have requested including supporting your applications to Dyson and to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you and the users of the Dyson careers website, applicants and employees expect from us.
Personal information is defined slightly differently across the world. To guarantee your privacy and the protection of your information, we define it as any information that could be used to identify you or another individual.
We collect personal information from you in a number of different ways; you may share that information with us, or we may collect it using other means. In this section, we explain the different ways we collect personal information from you and some ways in which that information will be used. For more detail on how we use your personal information, please see the section titled "How do we use your personal information?".
Information you share with us
We collect personal information that you share with us when you register, contact us or interact with us through our website, email, phone or otherwise. You can decide not to provide certain information, or ask that any information you have previously shared is removed. If you do so, you may not be able to take full advantage of a career at Dyson and progress an application.
For example, you may provide information to us when you contact us about an opportunity to work at Dyson, upload a CV or Resume or provide video in answer to an interview questions.
To apply for a role listed on our website we require users to register and to provide us with basic contact information. Through these interactions you may share with us: your name, address, e-mail address, postal address, contact number, career history (usually in the form of a CV) as well as any other personally identifiable information you include in your interactions with Dyson. We may also ask for additional information to assist us with our recruitment process and in the event you are offered a job.
We carry out video interviews and allow you to send videos as part of your application process, using a third party platform. Any personal information you submit in a video will be shared with Dyson as part of the application process.
When you use our websites we may also use information collected by cookies. "Cookies" are small text files that websites save onto your device via your web browser. They’ve been around since the mid-1990’s and are one of the most widely used technologies on the internet.
For further information, including on the types of cookies that we use and how to manage cookies placed on our websites, please refer to our cookies policy at www.careers.dyson.com/cookies. Please note that we do not currently respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
We love interacting with you on social media. You may use social media to discover a career opportunity or contact us about a career at Dyson. We review publically available social media and online sites to get a better understanding of what people are saying about Dyson to assist individuals who prefer to contact us through social media.
The information we collect from social media and online sites sometimes includes personal information that has been put online and is publically available. We make sure any information we use is properly credited to its source or is made anonymous.
These online and social media sites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these sites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
Information from your online interactions
We collect and store limited personal information and anonymous, aggregate statistics from all visitors to our websites, whether you actively provide us with that information or merely browse our websites. The information we collect includes the internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using, the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time of access, the internet address of the website from which you link through to our website and information on how you use our websites.
We use this information so that we can see how long our websites take to load, how they are used, the number of visitors to the different sections of our websites, and what information visitors look at most. It also helps identify any part of our website that isn’t working as well as it should - so we can fix things and make our website better for you and other users.
We do not link information collected from your online interactions with any records we may have of you as an applicant.
How do we use your personal information?
Our main reasons for using your personal information is to provide you with information or services that you have requested including supporting your applications to Dyson and to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you and the users of the Dyson careers website, applicants and employees expect from us.
Information you share with us
We use the personal information you share with us in the following ways:
- To respond to your queries and requests;
- To communicate with you;
- To provide you with updates about your Dyson application;
- To provide services and support for any application you make;
- To facilitate any application you make to Dyson;
- For customer satisfaction surveys and to allow us to improve user experience;
- To provide updates to you about any changes to Dyson’s policies, terms and conditions and any other matters which we may need to tell you; and
- If you have asked us to keep you informed of other opportunities at Dyson, we may periodically contact you to tell you about these for up to 12 months;
Information from your online interactions
We use the personal information from your online interactions (collected using cookies):
- For profiling and statistical analysis of behaviour when using our websites.
Other potential uses of your personal information
We may also use your personal information:
- To assist in any disputes, claims or investigations relating to your application; and
- To comply with our legal obligations.
Dyson contact promise
If you have asked us to we will keep you informed of other opportunities at Dyson, working at Dyson, the James Dyson Foundation and the James Dyson Award, for up to 12 months. We do this in various ways, including e-mail, post, SMS, via social media platforms and by phone, but only if you are happy for us to do so.
Ultimately, we want to make sure you’re happy with the communications you receive from us.
We therefore promise to:
- Only send you communications (which includes information about working at Dyson, the James Dyson Foundation and the James Dyson Award) when you have told us it is ok to do so;
- Never pass your personal information to anyone outside the Dyson Group for them to use for marketing purposes; and
- Give you the option to stop receiving communications about opportunities at any time.
What personal information does Dyson share with third parties?
The third parties who provide services on our behalf fall into the following categories:
- Other Dyson Group companies;
- Our distributors, who help us to sell our products in certain countries;
- Third parties that help us with psychometric ability testing, video interviews, reference checking if your application is successful, audit services, administrative services, IT technologies (e.g. data storage), security services and insurance claims;
- Third parties that help us to provide services and responses to you
- Third parties that assist us with listing our jobs, to reach people who may be interested in Dyson opportunities;
- Third parties that assist us understanding how are website works by setting cookies on our websites (more information on this can be found in our cookies policy www.careers.dyson.com/cookies); and
- Social media platforms who serve our job listings on their platforms on our behalf
We will also share your personal information if we are required to do so by law, including in response to a legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or to comply with other national, state, provincial or local laws.
If you would like more information on how we share your personal information, please email our Privacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to third party websites
We may provide links to other websites which are not operated and controlled by Dyson.
We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of those sites or how the third parties responsible for them collect and use your personal information. We do not endorse or make any representations about third party websites.
Third party websites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these websites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
How long do we keep your personal information?
How can you change the way that we contact you
If you want to opt out of being contacted by Dyson careers about other Dyson job opportunities you may either do so at the time you provide us with your contact details, or at any time by:
- Sending an email to us at CV@Dyson.com; or
- Using the unsubscribe option included in all our email correspondence; or
- Writing to us at HR Recruitment at Dyson Ltd, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury, Wiltshire SN16 0RP stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications; or
- Logging into your account on the Dyson careers portal and changing your preferences and information.
Your controls and choices
We give you control over the personal information we collect about you, to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences.
If any of the information that you have provided to Dyson changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, name or postal address, you can update, amend or remove information by logging into your account, or ask us by submitting a request to CV@dyson.com.
You have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. You can also ask us to remove personal information about you or limit its use.
If the law in your country allows us to impose a fee for giving you access, we will communicate this to you in response to your request.
We will not charge you to update, amend or remove your personal information.
If you would like to access, update or amend your personal information or, if you would like us to remove personal information that we hold about you, or limit its use, please email email@example.com.
How do we protect your personal information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly. We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled. We also ensure that our staff are adequately trained in protecting your personal information. Our procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we share your personal information with you.
In the unlikely event that we do suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your personal information and we need to let you know about it, we will do so.
Data transfers, storage and the global handling of your personal information
Dyson is headquartered in the United Kingdom (UK).
We collect personal information in the country in which you live. We then host and store that information in the European Economic Area (EEA). Those third parties that we share your personal information with may handle or transfer your personal information outside of the UK, and outside of the EEA, to other countries in which they have facilities.
By submitting your personal information to us, and by using our websites, apps or connected products, you agree to us transferring, storing and handling your personal information in this way.
We stand behind the commitments we have made. We will never change our policies and practices in a way that will offer less protection for personal information that we already have about you without your consent.
September 2016 – Annual review
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, or would like to make a complaint about how we use the personal information we hold about you, please email our Privacy Team.
If, after speaking to us, you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the relevant regulator or authority in your country that is responsible for handling complaints about the use of personal information.
You can contact our Privacy Team at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible.