- Data Science, Software Engineering and Connectivity
- United Kingdom
As the Head of Data Architecture, you will ensure successful documentation, development and governance of the broad data landscape at Dyson. You will find a wealth of data sources ranging from classic enterprise line of business data to bespoke manufacturing and product design data. You will lead a team of data architects in close partnership with other data functions in the company. This is an exciting leadership role for someone who enjoys collaboratively delivering technical excellence at scale.
- The Product, governance & Data Science leaders in the team will be looking to you to help them drive understanding in the Dyson data landscape ensuring data availability and quality to extract actionable insights at all levels: from design engineers to our executives.
- You will handle complex integration projects that have a massive impact on the business making the best decisions trading off buy vs build strategies.
- Taking a lead on project work, you will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions, to help maximise the value of Dyson’s data assets by helping transform data into insight.
- You will focus on, owning and future proofing the data architecture and solution design for analytics work globally
- Support the definition of a technology strategy or target operating model for data & analytics
- Demonstrate thought leadership in data analytics area, and driving innovation across Dyson
- Managing key stakeholder relationships, such as with data science, data engineering, product, and functions etc.
- Intensely developing your team’s skillsets, through inspiring, mentoring, and weekly coaching
- You will embody a collaborative approach to deliver technology solutions that enable tangible business benefits.
- Solid foundations on enterprise data architectures built from custom and off-the-shelf solutions.
- You will navigate a rich data landscape including a variety of data sources and systems that only companies in manufacturing with a passion for design and quality can possess.
- Producing architecture diagrams for enterprise data and analytics solutions including conceptual, logical and physical.
- Validating diagrams with key stakeholders in a non-technical fashion.
- Managing the collection, preservation, and retirement of enterprise data assets to support application migrations, historical management reporting, and regulatory compliance.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines