- Software Engineering and Connectivity, Machine learning
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Join us as a graduate and you’ll be supporting the evolution of Dyson connected products. Our Software team develop app integration and ensure connectivity in our machines. Since we launched our first connected product in 2014, we’re now leading the way in creating software for connected technology and a more intuitive owner experience. The team works across the entire product lifecycle of our connected machines, from conception and mapping user journeys, through to product release. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms, are all cementing Dyson's place as a pioneering global technology enterprise.
About the role
As well as your line manager to help you along the way, you’ll be supported with a development framework designed to provide the technical and commercial know-how to help you drive your Dyson career.
Whatever your specialism you’ll be playing a key role in making our machines smart and reliable. As a Graduate Software Engineer you could be working across a number of our teams and depending on your area of expertise your accountabilities may include:
- Software design, implementation, testing and integration in the embedded, app and server domains
- Data preparation, data cleaning, data analysis, and modelling of complex consumer products
- Algorithm selection, optimisation, and calibration
- Developing systems requirements, architectures, and behaviours with key stakeholders
- Developing technical solutions for new & existing product streams for large volume manufacture
- Creating & managing requirements / specifications
- Verifying & validating solutions against requirements
- Pro-actively adopting good quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework
Our software and hardware need to combine to make our machines intelligent, so you’ll be interacting with teams from product developers to electronics engineers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
The work will be challenging and varied but you’ll be getting stuck in from day one, helping to influence the future of Dyson technology.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. And it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to have:
- 2:1 or above in a computer science or software engineering (or related) degree
- Demonstrable application of your skills, for example via online portfolio
- Passion for Dyson and our Technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans
- Creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Tenacity to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
All applications will be reviewed however, we advise on applying as soon as possible in order to participate in our first round of assessment centres.
•27 days holiday plus bank holidays
•Performance related bonus and joining bonus
•Free on-site gym and sports centre
•Subsidised café and restaurants
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Free on-site parking
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.