- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
About the role
The principal role of our 3D Artists is to develop and perfect our product imagery, supporting our graphic communication for all media types, globally, and to help push the boundaries of what we do, creatively and technically.
As a creative person, you will be inherently visual with a great eye and an understanding that a strong narrative and attention to detail are what makes a compelling image. This will be well practiced and your aim when creating a picture is to always improve, crafting beautiful images that you’re proud of and that communicate Dyson’s engineering obsession.
Working both independently and within teams, a 3D Artist uses their initiative, can understand a brief and communicate fluently with both commercial and creative teams. The individual will work closely with Creatives, Art Directors, Team Leaders and the Head of Art.
As a member of the image team, you will be part of the initiative and commitment to the team’s success. You will be flexible in your approach, with the ability to adapt to change. We strongly promote a culture of knowledge sharing across the team, essential for skills development. A collaborative approach to learning allows a two-way flow of knowledge, meaning you’re encouraged to learn and teach as you go.
- Take briefs from the imagery team producers and develop on brand creative solutions.
- Contribute both creative and technical ideas to projects from initial concept through to final output.
- Produce high quality, accurate imagery to the specification and timescales given.
- Develop a strong working relationship with wider creative teams.
- Offer creative solutions to possible technical issues that may occur during a job.
- Actively encourage the ethos to think differently.
- Contribute to the team’s development and well being.
- Explore new avenues for development while pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved.
- Give and take direction on the route/s chosen and at the right time.
- Build and improve upon creativity and quality.
- Actively develop your role and responsibilities for your own and team progression.
- Proactively work together, help other team members to deliver and improve their own results.
- The ability to be flexible within the role and your skills is a key element of the success of the team.
- The desire to take on a project lead position for new product briefs, to give you more ownership and accountability of a project, end to end.
- Demonstrate excellent behaviours, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Inspire others with a proactive and humble disposition.
An excellent understanding of how light behaves in real world conditions, to facilitate the production of high-end photorealistic imagery, this could be from either traditional photography or CG experience.
An in-depth knowledge of Autodesk Maya or a similar package and a good working knowledge of current render engines, preferably VRay.
Great retouching skills with a thorough understanding of Adobe Photoshop, and an excellent eye for colour.
As an artist, you understand some production and post-production tools and you have a good understanding of what makes a successful image; light, form, surface texture, colour and composition are areas we’d like you to master.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Free lunches
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.