- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We are looking for a development engineer to join our ambitious and expanding team that delivers challenging products in consumer robotics. Working in an agile cross-functional team, the successful candidate will contribute to the delivery of software and algorithmic solutions for robotics behaviours to ensure Dyson continues to create innovative products that will delight our customers.
The role will involve collaboration with other robotics software engineers, research engineers, mechanical engineers and hardware/sensor engineers to help solve the wide and exciting range of robotics challenges posed by the ever-expanding Dyson product portfolio.
The ideal candidate would have good knowledge and experience in either robotics algorithms or software development in C++. Some experience in both areas is preferred but not required, however the desire to develop both skill sets is essential. The successful candidate will have a desire and passion to deliver new robotics products to the market and will be working in a supportive team of experts that is constantly striving to improve itself in the delivery of high quality, robust solutions to a diverse set of real world problems.
a cross-functional team of robotics engineers to deliver production quality
software and algorithms for mobile robotic products.
Design and implement testing and validation strategies for mobile robotic products including unit tests, simulation, lab and home environment testing.
Development of offline test, visualisation and simulation tools.
Collaboration with robotics research engineers to understand and apply robotic algorithms.
- Software development experience, preferably in C++.
- Strong interest in the delivery of cutting-edge robotic products to consumer markets.
- Ability to create and assess robust solutions to robotics problems.
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams and provide technical robotics support externally.
- Strong mathematical modelling and analytical skills.
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Localisation, image processing, object detection/recognition, path planning, automatic control, robotics systems or machine learning.
- Experience with unit/acceptance testing and writing testable code.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines