- Retail Operations
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson is committed to building its in-store presence to that of an expanding and leading technology brand. The global ‘in house’ retail team consists of a core multi-disciplined group of creatives, marketers and demonstration experts who create and shape in-store displays communication and trade marketing initiatives across the Dyson global markets.
About the role12 Month Contract - Based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
The Retail Production Manager for AV will report to the Head of Production & Development. Working cross functionally and collaboratively with the wider retail team as well as commercial and markets to deliver on brand and compelling solutions and content. You will ensure that our retail digital solutions deliver the best possible journey, which will enhance the consumer experiences and demonstration. Dyson retail concepts are about product, demonstration and theatre; the product is the hero and experience is heavily assisted by the Dyson experts to deliver an elevated in store consumer experience. As prominent as AV is in our retail environments, we will utilise this highly impactful medium to position Dyson as a leading technology brand.
To summarise, the key activities and responsibilities are:
- Own, drive and deliver retail projects that are suitably planned, governed, resourced and managed, working collaboratively in function and across teams, resolving day to day challenges.
- Work with the Global Retail Implementation team to ensure markets are executing AV deliverables across direct and mass retail.
- Work with the senior retail team to ensure that displays incorporate the latest instore production needs.
- Support briefs for internal teams based on campaign and project requirements.
- Liaise with external suppliers and brief on specifications for our digital solutions.
- Build a platform to support, monitor and audit our AV content.
- Setup working examples of any proposed AV solutions for Dyson Retail.
- Work with the Global Retail Marketing team to strategise a live calendar of executions across our entire retail estate.
- Assist in the delivery of suitable content for our retail environments.
- Mitigate and escalate issues where necessary to senior management. Maintain and update resource and status reports to ensure effective project governance and upward reporting.
- Work on multiple projects whilst delivering on challenging deadlines.
- Activate store visits to research general store environments / fixtures / competitors.
- Keep abreast of the latest Dyson product developments to ensure that displays are future proofed.
- Enforce Dyson brand values in store whilst working within retailer constraints.
- Articulate with strong communication and people skills
- Commercially aware
- Ability to see ‘the bigger picture’
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver
- High level creativity
- Can do attitude, passionate and flexible
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Able to take on-board feedback and constructive criticism
Skills and experience required:
- Degree and 7 years + retail experience.
- Excellent project management skills
- Understanding of instore communication.
- Working knowledge of model making/prototyping, materials and production processes.
- Ability to multitask is paramount.
- Excellent time management, presentation and communication skills.
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Free on-site parking
- Sport centre
- Life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.