- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleWhilst pockets of insight and analytics exist, building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Dyson's global data strategy. As more consumers engage with Dyson, owning more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data is now vast. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences, campaign development and retailer business planning will all be key to Dyson’s success.This role sits within the EMEA Business Intelligence & Analytics team and is tasked with leading the advanced analytics activities that support and enable data led decisions at both a Market and Region level. Navigating a range of data sources, you will use modelling and statistical techniques to help drive strategies with data lead insights. Through regular touch points with stakeholders you will identify opportunities for new and improved analytics and work with our BI & data team to bring those requirements to life. Key to the role is defining and delivering solutions that deliver tangible business benefits, informs critical business decisions as well as producing recommendations that enhance our operational efficiency. Understanding and aligning to department as well as market goals and strategy is at the centre of the role.
• Own our Advanced Analytics roadmap working with our market colleagues to collaborate on priorities & delivery.
• Ensure that both the Markets and Region are supported and enabled with actionable insights and analytics
• Capture clear requirements ensuring delivery to agreed timelines.
• Deliver modelling and statistical analysis to support decision making.
• Develop and implement supporting processes to enhance and maintain our analytical capabilities.
• Proactive stakeholder management with focus on communication and enablement
About youSkills: • Experience using statistical and forecasting techniques such as time series analysis, forecast modelling, regression analysis etc.
• Highly proficient in R/Python and SQL
• Experience of gathering and interpreting business requirements
• Develop and present analysis that is easy to understand and digest
• Excellent communication skills building strong business relationships with key stakeholders
• Ability to manipulate large and complex data sets
• Significant experience of commercial analytics
• Experience of using visualisation software e.g. Tableau
Person specification / Core Competencies:
• Excellent communication skills to explain complex ideas in simple terms
• Organised, delivery focussed and comfortable working on own initiative
• Good commercial awareness
• Ability to work at a fast pace and to deadlines
Benefits•27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
•Performance related bonus
•Private medical insurance
•Free on-site parking
•Subsidised café and restaurants
•Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.