- Hullavington - United Kingdom
This is an exciting opportunity within the automotive team to own the vehicle level testing of ADAS systems on future vehicle programmes.
The role includes supporting the development team with vehicle level target setting, managing X-in-loop test procedures and ensuring regulatory & NCAP compliance.
This is a new and developing field so we’re looking for somebody keen and willing to learn as well as open to exploring and developing new methods.
The role requires the flexibility of traveling to various domestic and international destinations when necessary, to test vehicles on public roads, test tracks and Proving Grounds.
• Design, develop and manage ADAS (Autonomous emergency braking, lane departure warning etc.) test scenarios from first principals, consumer standards and legislative requirements.
• Design, develop and manage vehicle level ADAS design verification plan.
• Use simulation tools (Carmaker, Prescan etc.) to create virtual test scenarios and extract results to validate and tune ADAS performance.
• Work closely with the chassis simulation team to ensure models kept up to date & correlate to vehicle performance.
• Lead test trips, including management and support of technicians in test vehicle setup and test execution.
• Work with internal and external test labs and proving grounds to direct testing activities.
• Work with external partners to execute vehicle level ADAS DVP.
• Develop new methods for targets cascade and simulation using new and evolving technology.
• Strong interest in the automotive field
• Experience in testing ADAS/active safety systems.
• Basic understanding of vehicle systems (e.g. braking, suspension, steering, drive line, ADAS)
• Basic coding experience
• Good interpersonal skills and able to integrate with wider commodity delivery teams
• Strong grasp of engineering 1st principals
• Strong work ethic and enthusiasm to learn and apply new working methods
• Experience working in a simulation environment (CFD, CAE, MATLAB etc)
•27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
•Performance related bonus
• Free on-site parking
•Discounts on Dyson machines
•Private Medical and Dental