Dyson has an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Powertrain group within in its Electric Vehicle Engineering Team based at its Hullavington HQ.
• Develop real time embedded software for a range of complex real time electronics systems.
• Develop Device Drivers on a range of silicon platforms.
• Autosar BSW configuration
• Analysis of high level requirements into efficient algorithms.
• Control system design and simulation of control algorithms using high level modelling tools
• Fast prototyping of complex ideas onto an embedded platform in C programming language.
• Experience with auto generated code and its integration (e.g. Mathlab/Simulink/RTW, Dspace, SCADE etc..)
• Develop digital communication interfaces and drivers, for instance Ethernet.
• Debug real time software issues using a range of techniques and tools.
• Integration of software with hardware and mechanics.
• Start-up mentality, dynamic, independent
• Ability to take projects from concept to high volume production.
• Ability to work with suppliers.
• Support technical gate reviews
• Experience in bare-metal low level microprocessor software development.
• Strong background in real time embedded C.
• Experience in debugging complex software problems.
• Experience working with embedded RTOS..
• Experience in defining software level requirements and design using UML.
• Knowledge of implications of ISO26262 for Safety Critical software development.
• Knowledge of CAN, LIN, Ethernet and Autosar.
• Knowledge of how to configure Autosar BSW using tools such as DaVinci Developer
• Software Configuration Management tools (source control, continuous integration, etc.).
• Ability to plan and estimate development tasks (ideally within an Agile framework).
• Experience with unit/acceptance testing and writing testable code.
• At least Degree level qualification.
• 5 - 10 years’ experience of designing control algorithms and software for embedded real time systems
• Demonstrable industrial C/C++ experience preferably in an automotive environment.
• Significant experience/appreciation of quality and process assurance.
• A track record of improving process and learning lessons from your experiences.
• Good communication and motivation skills.
• Experience in mentoring and coaching.
• Experience working within automotive or aerospace industries.
• Experience in defining software level requirements.
• IBM Rational Toolchain – Doors, Rhapsody, RTC.
• Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow / Embedded Coder
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside other leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors. Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. However, financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound.