- Motors and Power Systems
- Calamba - Philippines
Being part of a small but growing team working on the Dyson Digital Motor in the
Philippines, this role combines supporting the existing family of Dyson Digital Motors and
associated products with the analysis and validation of new motor projects in the runup
to the start of production. This will involve characterisation, test and analysis of
motors, power electronic drives and control systems to help to ensure that the final
products meet their performance specification before and during the active
Based in Dyson’s Philippines Advanced Manufacturing facility you will be joining the
Dyson Motor Drives & Advanced Control (MDAC) team within the Dyson Global
Electronics Hardware organisation. The MDAC team form part of the wider Motors and
Power Systems Group and is a significant part of Dyson RDD with a growing team of
more than 100 highly skilled engineers, scientists and technicians in its UK, Singapore,
Malaysia and Philippines offices. The Group focuses on researching and developing
cutting-edge electric motors, drives and control systems for integration into existing and
future Dyson products from concept design to fully automated production.
About the role
- Working closely with the DDMD Team Lead, you will follow existing and create your own automated Test Methods for system characterisation and analysis such as control system validation, thermal mapping and user interaction of motors, power electronics and associated products as required.
- Provide status reporting of all assigned tasks against the time plan keeping the DDMD Lead up to date with progress and any issues that may have arisen.
- Generate high-quality test reports with all data and findings from all work undertaken.
- Work closely with the test and validation teams in UK and Singapore to develop test methods and ensure the correct operation of test equipment to ensure the accuracy and validity of testing.
- Be able to apply your skills to other areas of work and tasks within the business as may be required of you on occasion for the benefit of the wider team. This could include, but is not limited to, supplier liaison for issue resolution or audit, engineering design work, test rig building and production equipment commissioning.
These are the essential skills we need you to have
- Experience of automating verification test methods for electronics and mechatronic systems, including the software development and design of test equipment and associated commissioning of the test.
- Be proficient in the use of common automation software tools such as LabView, Python, TestStand or MATLAB by creating new programs and editing existing TM’s.
- Have working knowledge of a range of hardware development platforms such as National Instruments, Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
- A good first degree in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent qualification or demonstrable experience of equivalent-level working in test and verification environments.
- Knowledge and experience in a range of aspects of electronics including some of: power electronics, motor control, battery management, analogue, digital and sensing technologies.
- Strong communication and team working skills to be able to form a bridge between multiple teams of different disciplines working on a single, integrated product across multiple global sites.
- Strong technical analysis skills and an ability to use standard laboratory equipment to set up experiments and to take precise measurements of motors and mains-referenced control systems to aid performance analysis, and fault-finding.
- Be flexible and open-minded to respond quickly to changes in project priorities. Be able to demonstrate sound theoretical knowledge, reasoning and problem solving skills in engineering.
- Be able to clearly report progress and results in-person during meetings along with producing a high standard of written documentation of your work.
- Proactive and persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach.
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver; highly self-motivated and self-reliant with enthusiasm for motors, power systems and Dyson products.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is mandatory.
These skills are desirable but not essential
- Formal Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma qualification and proficient use of data analysis tools such as Minitab.
- Experience of managing a small team of engineers.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of electromagnetic machine operation particularly single and multi-phase permanent magnet motors.
- An appreciation of motor control techniques for low and high speed, single-phase and multi-phase permanent magnet motors.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture, PCB layout and associated software.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering. At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.