- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials.
- Chicago - USA
The role is critical to help the business achieve its aspirations to grow Direct sales in a controlled environment. This role will collaborate closely with the FCoE team in the UK and have high exposure to wide business areas and stakeholders involved in the Direct business, such as sales and customer service. As Direct expands its portfolio into new marketplaces, trade shows, and other ventures this role will participate in various projects to support execution. In addition to Direct, the analyst will also have exposure to other US entities and partner with our shared service organization to resolve variances on the balance sheet.
- To contribute to the success of the business by ensuring receipts are accurately recorded, reconciled and the cause of any reconciling items/differences identified and resolved.
- Working with various business departments to investigate exceptional items highlighted by the reconciliation team.
- Provide business support in the development of solutions for the causes of reconciling items, including participating in testing and implementation as necessary.
- Maintain maximum levels of data quality/integrity by quickly resolving and clearing reconciling items.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal departments and external service providers.
- Preparing root cause summaries following investigations and recommendations to resolve.
- Business change responsibilities for ensuring that once a solution is identified it is successfully implemented by the business.
- Share lessons learned with other Global markets to ensure harmonization of systems.
- Evaluate business change impacts both on US office, and UK shared service regarding Direct.
- Prepare summary financial reports for local stakeholders regarding performance and risk.
- Work at the same pace as Dyson, understanding any changes impacting FCoE and effectively addressing / embedding them in a timely manner.
- Fulfill any other ad hoc responsibilities as required.
- Experienced in producing detailed reconciliations, including reporting on and resolving findings.
- Strong business process ways of working understanding.
- Experienced in building relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Strong Excel skills.
- SAP accounting experience desirable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Drive for results.
- Good prioritisation skills and able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work unsupervised/independently, cross functionally and using own initiative.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to highlight potential process/system improvements.
BenefitsAs a global technology company, we have ambitious plans for the future! How we reward you is more than just salary and bonus. It is linked to our high performance culture. It promotes an engaged workforce through a package of financial and lifestyle benefits. Dyson full-time benefits include:
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision, Dental
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Competitive Salary Plus Bonus Incentive Plan
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401K with up to a 4% match (potential additional 2% discretionary contribution)
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Wellness Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.