- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our aim, as Dyson IT, is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
About the role
The Strategy, Platforms and Enablement team have overall responsibility for ensuring full alignment of the IT strategic plans with those of broader Dyson. Driving enabling platforms and services to ensure the broader service and product teams can deliver exceptional results and achieve the unimaginable.
The team leads bringing technology insights and innovation into our strategy and roadmaps, through Centres of Excellence focussed on core enabling platforms and strategic missions focussed on accelerate delivery and delivering efficiency.
As Mission control for Dyson IT, the team will lead on the optimisation of resource across people, finances and architectural principles to ensure the Dyson IT teams are focused on the right things at the right time and in the right way.
Creates and provides accurate and timely information across the portfolio to enable effective control and decision making. The information “hub”. Enables delivery through efficient analysis, reporting and co-ordination of Portfolio, Programe and Project information.
- Providing decision support to enable the identification, selection and prioritisation of new programmes and projects.
- Providing planning assistance to projects – templates, resources, planning workshops. Monitoring dependencies across the portfolio, programmes and projects.
- Providing central analystical support for Portfolio, Programme and Project financial processes – e.g. purchase requistion/orders, Capex approvals etc.
- Capturing the resource requirements of one or more portfolio segments. Providing resource-tracking and capacity planning. Actively monitoring the deployment of resources and facilitating the conflict resolution related with resources.
- Monitoring and reporting on spend, calculating and analyzing cost variance. Estimating future spends, challenging cash-flow/spend profile and forecasting cash-flow/spend profile. Advising on cost control and opportunities for savings.
- Governance and assurance: Facilitating governance and providing assurance of appropriate actions.
About youYou must possess strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key IT stakeholders up to and including Director level.
Ability to work well under minimal supervision and with a degree of autonomy and responsibility.
Clear communication skills – able to understand high level concepts and fill in the detail themselves
Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including third parties, IT and business personnel.
Excellent organisational skills.
Proven experience working within a PMO to support large strategic multi-functional programmes.
Knowledge of PPM tools / packages e.g. Planview.
Strong analytical skills with excellent computer literacy and numeracy.
Knowledge of programme and project management methods.
Experience of management reporting including tracking of plans and benefits, risks and issue tracking, and financial accounting.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.