- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Chicago, IL, USA
About the roleThe Sales Operation & Planning Analyst will work in partnership with Dyson Sales, Finance, Marketing and top customers with a focus on improving customer forecast accuracy and ensuring proper replenishment of inventory. This position will partner with the National Account Sales and Finance teams in creating account level sales and inventory forecasts and develop collaborative relationships with retailer teams to ensure alignment on agreed upon plans.
Main responsibilities include forecasting, including base item forecasting, promotional forecasting, and event planning, weekly/monthly performance analysis, and execution of an Integrated Planning process.
- Support delivery of assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Support execution of strategic plans for retailers, through Integrated Planning process to align on short term execution and longer-term strategies to deliver the annual plan
- Forecast at the account and product level as required
- Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
- Monitor weekly order process and work with Sales partners to ensure support of retailers supply chain KPIs.
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with collaborative partners to achieve company's best position
- Support Monthly SOP process by generating and distributing reporting to help prepare for monthly meetings and communicate monthly forecast data to the organization
- Plan, develop, and manage relationships with retailers and internal Dyson teams, current and new.
- Represent Dyson to the Retailer; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson values with business partners.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the retailer and Dyson organizations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of your customers and the ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally
- Support plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement.
- Identify opportunities and related risks; assess situation and propose action
Contribute to the US Demand Planning team & Supply Planning Organization.
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team
- Partner with other team members to support new opportunities as they arise
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices
Fulfill other duties as necessary and assigned.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Think outside of the box, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- 1-2 years in an Analyst role preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; business major preferred
- Prior experience working with a sales function is a plus
- Prior Retail Planning experience, or experience working with a major US Retailer preferred
- Prior experience with CPFR and IBP processes strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and Outlook is required
- SAP experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Shrewd-Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
- Attuned – ability to communicate with all levels of the organization with positive intent
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.