- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Research Engineering, Science
- Singapore - Singapore
The Personal Care Research team at Dyson is committed to leveraging new and unique technologies to deliver winning personal care product concepts.
We bring scientists, engineers and designers from unexpected backgrounds to develop best-in-class products that reinvent the consumer experience.
Within the team, the analytical scientist will contribute to the assurance of quality, reliability and demonstrable efficacy of our products through design and execution of chemical and biochemical characterization tests.
About the role
- Design, perform and recommend appropriate chemical and biochemical analytical tests on raw materials, prototypes and finished goods in accordance with established technical or regulatory requirements. Source new raw materials as necessary, along with appropriate regulatory/safety/technical specifications and documentation.
- Identify new and relevant technologies to propose creative yet robust solutions to analytical challenges associated with raw materials. Independently develop familiarity with these new techniques and then quickly build expertise, leveraging the knowledge to contribute meaningfully to a broad range of scientific areas.
- Produce reports and presentations summarizing progress against team and project goals, effectively and engagingly presenting complex technical information and analysis to senior and Executive level management.
- Act as an analytical science expert in cross-functional team projects, including other categories outside personal care, and share knowledge and expertise with other RDD teams.
- Science degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related subject, with >5 years’ working experience in the field. Newly graduated candidates with PhD qualification will also be considered.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated track record of hands-on experience in HPLC, UV- spectrophotometer, GC/MS, LC/MS or other established analytical methodologies is essential.
- Experience working with various types of biological research models, especially development of chemical and biochemical assays integrated into biological models.
- Experience in pharmaceutical/consumer products/consumer care sectors is preferred.
- Familiarity with global, e.g. US/EU/China/Japan regulations for various categories of consumer care products will be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, collaborative mindset and positive attitude.
- Curiosity to explore new and different ways to approach scientific problem solving, including bringing ideas and inspiration from unrelated scientific fields.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.