- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our mobile app, Dyson Link, is one of the key components in providing greater intelligence, understanding, and control to our connected devices. We are passionate about ensuring our app matches the same high standards as the rest of Dyson’s engineering team.
We are looking for a part- time (20 hours per week) Android Developer to join the team building this app which controls millions of machines.
You will have previous experience as an Android developer, with a passion for Computer Science – including algorithms, design patterns, and software development best-practices. You will have past experience delivering software using an agile methodology such as SCRUM, and you will understand how to write quality, unit-tested code.
We are open to hearing from anyone with Android development experience who is looking for a part time role.
- Developing features for Dyson Link, ensuring they are tested, robust and scalable
- Work with wider teams TPOs, Scrum Masters, testers, cloud developers, UX/UI designers and electronic/embedded engineer
- Work alongside and help mentor other members of the team
- Identify new technologies and tools to help continually improve standards
- Android mobile development (with some exposure to Kotlin preferable
- Good familiarity with design patterns, including the MVP and MVVM architectures
- Experience of unit testing and an understanding of its importance
- Good knowledge of Gradle and experience with continuous Integration systems
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus: RxJava, BLE, ConstraintLayout, Dagger, Data Binding.
- Part time role - approx. 20 hours per week. Open to days.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays pro rata'd to hours.
- Bristol or Malmesbury location available
- Performance related bonus
- Continued development and learning
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
To further the conversation apply now