- Information Technology
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
As the first port of call for many incoming requests, you will develop strong relationships across our line of business functions. You’ll be responsible for the management of incidents, maintenance activities and service requests within the applications portfolio. You will be working closely with SMEs and partner organisations across the Global IT function to maintain stable high performing application service that often rely on a complex and varied IT eco-system. The ability to quickly, efficiently and to accurately move issues through the process is a must, as is the ability to work with other regions and areas of IT.
- Provides support to applications used in manufacturing such as Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and related systems
- Investigate and coordinate support to resolve plant process failures involving enterprise level applications, e.g. ERP, PLM, etc.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT teams for problem resolution
- Assists in development of operating procedures and training materials specific to manufacturing business systems
- Provide management, change management, etc. to users on-site
- Communicates events and service reports to stakeholders, IT teams, and leadership
- Represent Application Services to support plant operational activities (e.g. ISO audit, business continuity planning, software asset management, etc.)
- Support deployment of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to new manufacturing lines and transition to BAU
- Coordinates and works on multiple cross-functional base work initiatives and projects
- Participate and support manufacturing IT projects that involve application changes/implementation.
- Work with engineering and project teams to understand technical requirements and business needs
- Support solution testing, validation and documentation
- Support project management and implementation of new applications and capabilities
- Support the transition from application/system delivery to BAU support operations
- Involvement with implementations by 3rd parties, from providing support requirements, through implementation/ commissioning and training.
- Participate in projects to improve systems, processes and service delivery quality within the team, department and wider business.
- Liaise and if required escalate with team to provide knowledge transfer to ensure a consistent level of systems understanding is achieved.
- Publish, improve and manage internal I.T. documentation.
- At least 3 - 5 years of IT experience in the Manufacturing industry (functional or technical)
- Functional knowledge in any of the following: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Warehouse Management System (WMS) and/or Supply Chain Management (SCM).
- Technical/ Functional experience in Manufacturing Execution System (MES) platforms
- Basic database knowledge
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Effective interpersonal skills essential to maintaining good working relationships and empathy with both technical and non-technical staff, including the ability to communicate well with a wide variety of users, of very differing levels of IT skills.
- Experience of operating within a global organization with a proven ability to deliver against Group wide initiative
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to produce technical documentation when required.