- £11,000 per annum + bonus + training + pension
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As an Apprentice at Dyson, you will work towards an industry recognised qualification and work as part of the busy maintenance team who look after the nuts and bolts of Dyson. The Dyson buildings in Malmesbury and surrounding areas require a dedicated team for planned, preventative and reactive maintenance to ensure that everyone works in a comfortable, creative, safe and productive environment. Our daily environment can make all the difference, that’s why the facilities team works closely with everyone to make Dyson a great place to work. And there are plenty of exciting projects planned.
The training will be delivered through work-based learning and one day a week at Wiltshire College, at their Trowbridge campus. The apprenticeship will take approximately 24 months to complete with a final assessment just after this. There would be opportunities for further study and progression for the right individuals.
No two days are the same at Dyson. Each member of the team will be appointed a particular responsibility which will complement their technical knowledge. Examples of what you could be doing include:
- Minor repairs in our buildings and office spaces – e.g. furniture, walls, fixtures and fittings, hanging pictures, redecorating, fixing skirting, putting up partitions and doors, floor coverings as required, and more.
- Supporting across various sites – Malmesbury, Hullavington, Bristol – as required.
- Work in small teams on specific projects such as office moves and upgrades of office spaces, or creating new workshops and lab facilities.
- Helping our business to use our space creatively introducing leading edge interiors to our workplace.
- Working toward the supervision of contractors for preparations for conferences and launches.
You’ll be motivated, enthusiastic and committed to developing a career in property maintenance. You will naturally flourish in a busy team environment. And like everyone at Dyson, you’ll need that crucial blend of perfectionism, inventiveness and resourcefulness under pressure.
You should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in maintenance and construction with some understanding of decorative finishes, fixed furniture and non-structural building components (doors, architraves, skirting’s, flooring, ceilings, partitions and IPS systems) And working as part of a larger team, you’ll need basic IT literacy with the ability to compose emails (Outlook), schedule activities or equipment (Excel) and be prepared to learn how to use specialist applications/software to aid workflow (Windows).
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free parking
- Discount on Dyson machines
Please note, you are welcome to apply directly to Dyson, or directly to Wiltshire College (via the Government's Find an Apprenticeship website). As part of the recruitment process for this vacancy, applications made direct to Dyson will be shared with our trusted training provider, Wiltshire College. After applying, candidates may receive contact from Wiltshire College to verify eligibility for the scheme. If you are unsuccessful for this particular vacancy, Wiltshire College may contact you with alternative options for catering apprentices in your area.