- £13,000 per annum + bonus + training + pension
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As an Apprentice at Dyson, you will work towards an industry recognised qualification and work as part of the busy maintenance team who look after the nuts and bolts of Dyson, our places, spaces, inside and out. They’re a practical and a creative bunch, responsible for making sure that everyone works in a comfortable, creative, safe and productive environment. With new markets, offices and stores opening every year, that's a challenging task. They also work with our security team, keeping our secrets secret. Our daily environment can make all the difference, that’s why the maintenance team works closely with everyone to make Dyson a great place to work. And there are plenty of exciting projects planned.
The training will be delivered through work-based learning and one day a week at Wiltshire College, at their Chippenham campus. The apprenticeship will take approximately 48 months to complete with a final assessment just after this. There would be opportunities for further study and progression for the right individuals.
No two days are the same at Dyson. Each member of the team will be appointed a particular responsibility which will complement their technical knowledge. Examples of what you could be doing include:
- Minor repairs to our mechanical systems in our buildings and office spaces – e.g. HVAC (heating ventilation and air conditioning), plumbing, environmental controls (water supply, temperature etc.)
- Supporting infrastructure necessary for our laboratories to function, ensuring relevant services are available – e.g. water, air, oxygen, other gasses being used in testing.
- Working towards supervising specialist contractors to carry out planned maintenance.
- Supporting across various sites – Malmesbury, Hullavington, Bristol – as required.
- Work in small teams on specific projects such as office moves and upgrades of office spaces, or creating new workshops and lab facilities.
- Helping our business to use our space creatively introducing leading edge mechanical systems to our workplace.
- Working toward the supervision of contractors for preparations for conferences and launches.
You’ll be motivated, enthusiastic and committed to developing a career in property maintenance. You will naturally flourish in a busy team environment. And like everyone at Dyson, you’ll need that crucial blend of perfectionism, inventiveness and resourcefulness under pressure.
You should be able to demonstrate some practical interests such as repairs or maintenance of mechanical items – e.g. bike fixing or car maintenance - or have taken part in mechanically based hobbies or projects as part of your previous studies. And working as part of a larger team, you’ll need basic IT literacy with the ability to compose emails (Outlook), schedule activities or equipment (Excel) and be prepared to learn how to use specialist applications/software to aid workflow (Windows).
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free parking
- Discount on Dyson machines