- Retail Sales
- Campania Region, Italy
The Field Sales team is a core part of the Dyson’s Sales Department. As Area Manager, you will drive product sales and build awareness of the Dyson brand within our retailer’s stores. This could be your first step into leadership and further hone your relationship building skills.
Regionally based you will work closely with Account Managers, Marketing and Finance teams to ensure Dyson’s sales strategy is delivered in their area.
About the roleDrive sales value growth in your defined region
- Develop and increase Dyson product value sales within your region. Identify sales opportunities from sales out data and develop short-term goals to increase
- Identify new business opportunities within the independent sector and drive Dyson distribution within the region.
- Ensure call frequencies are maintained with effective time management and journey planning.
- Manage a regional budget to drive initiatives in store and provide reports to justify sound ROI.
- Own the P/L and store profitable targets and KPI’s for your Area, own the Fixturisation proposal and process, together with the District Manager, Retail Activations & National Accounts team
- Build and maintain effective relationships with third party retailers Store Managers, Regional Operational Managers and key influencers.
- Analyse your area performance and formulate sales development plans to ensure you exceed your targets.
Team Management As Area Manager generally you will manage the expert (sales advisor) programme within external agencies or third party suppliers, in some cases you might manage also direct employees and the approach in managing them will be different:
External Agency Expert (Sales Advisor)
- Manage all communication with External Expert through the 3rd party agency project manager
- Lead the performance management, motivation and capability of demonstrators (Expert) to ensure delivery against their daily sales targets always thought with the 3rd party agency project manager
- Conduct regular store visits to monitor compliance and use as feedback in conversations with the Demonstrators involving always the 3rd party agency project manager
- Communicate with the 3rd party agency project manager to manage any Discipline, Grievance and Absence Management related issues
Direct Expert Employees (applicable is some cases)
- Lead the performance management, motivation and capability of demonstrators (Expert) to ensure delivery against their daily sales targets.
- Conduct regular store visits to monitor compliance and use as feedback in conversations with the Demonstrators.
- Conduct meaningful 1:1’s, driving a high performance team. Hold development discussions and ensure these are captured and acted on with the individual.
- Actively coach, mentor and train direct reports to ensure procedures are followed and standards are met.
- Professionally and consistently, manage any potential employee relations situations as they arise to support best practice within company guidelines.
- Encourage and support team in expediting any relevant development opportunities in line with agreed individuals personal development plan.
- Regularly communicate business updates and key information to your team and proactively feedback
- Merchandise retail stores with correct point of purchase materials and achieve a minimum standard in-store upon entry to store as well as exit through excellent in store relations and strong business conversations.
- Ensure Dyson displays are clean, tidy and shoppable in with our SD policy
- Ensure the CRM salestool is utilised in the tracking of sales tool
Increase awareness of the brand within our retailers’ stores.
- Negotiate, set up, and implement additional display space in store for an agreed period.
- Promote the full range of Dyson products including accessories, environmental control and non-floor care, highlighting key technology and NPD.
Support National Customer Management Team
- Provide weekly reports with photographs on the stores visited, sharing feedback and best practice to your team.
- Attend regular Monthly and weekly field sales meetings at Dyson Italy head office (Milan) as well as quarterly 2 days meetings for which nights away from home will be necessary.
Please note this position will require a degree of flexibility to meet customer expectations and from time to time, this may include evening and weekend events, which may require you to stay away from home, including a monthly meeting at head office. There are also times during the year where further travel may be required to cover a surrounding postcode, territory or category.
Please also note this is a fixed-term contract of 12 months covering a maternity leave.
Broad business knowledge and strong product knowledge.
Strong leadership skills.
Previous experience of People Management.
Previous target driven experience required.
Excellent interpersonal skills to enable effective cross-departmental working.
High level of PC skills, including all Microsoft Office programs.
Excellent organisational and planning ability.
High-level presentation and report writing skills.
Strong analytical ability.
Excellent communication skills both internally and externally with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Sales Bonus
- Discount on Dyson products
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.