- Retail Operations
- Barcelona, Spain
Dyson have an ambitious expansion plan to evolve to a model where 80% of sales are through direct & controlled channels, to do this we are growing our Retail estate. Dyson Retail is Different, for a number of reasons. Firstly, this is a firm of expert engineers, offering people the chance to connect with technology in store, including a world-class styling experience. We are delivering a high service experience for our shoppers – think 5 star hotel levels of service – demonstrating the value of the technology and providing aftersales care. Our aim is to support owners in getting the best out of their Dyson technology. This is a new retail concept in a fundamentally entrepreneurial, start-up feeling business. This means that everyone in-store needs to be prepared to do anything and everything required running the business and providing the best customer experience.
Our Assistant Store Manager will play a key role in leading a team of around 7-10 experts and stylists and will report to the Store Manager. You will deliver outstanding customer experiences that fascinate shoppers through the presentation and demonstration of our machines. Alongside the Store Manager you will work with Category Managers, Finance Analysts, Retail Marketing, HR and Group Retail, in order to plan, organise and oversee approaches used by the in-store teams. You will recognise performance needs that need to be addressed and consistently developed.
About the role
· Lead, inspire and challenge a team to deliver business growth for store, through great coaching and development
· Work closely with Group Retail and local category teams to create demonstrations and experiences that are suitable for the local market.
· Use data and insights from brand perception studies to influence senior stakeholders on future innovation
· Ensure that we have the right level of service and drive an audience first approach, by enhancing personalisation, “VIP” experiences and new propositions.
· Create events and promotional programs using CRM, social and influencer platforms.
· Continually review results, establish clear measures, sharing insights and revise as needed to drive performance.
· Lead by example and support your team to deliver an environment for our products to come alive, be an expert in the technology space
· Deliver a sustainable retail platform that is efficient, ever evolving and that exceeds our customer’s expectations, whilst balancing this with a safe, compliant and cost controlled culture.
· Build a strong operating platform that ensures great availability for customers, whilst also monitoring waste and reductions to protect loss.
· Continuously building product knowledge and keep updated of any product developments and supporting the store team to do so.
· Be the brand guardian, ensuring your team understand what needs to be delivered and how
- Proven experience of leading, motivating and developing in a premium retail environment
- Proven experience in running the day to day operations of a store
- Proven ability communicating with, challenging and influencing senior stakeholders
- Work in a collaborative style with a passion to deliver a 5 star customer experience while driving commercial results
- Track record for creating innovative solutions that solve problems and/or challenge convention
- An understanding of in-store operations, managing work schedules, stock management, compliance, health and safety, security and all day to day requirements of running a store
- Uses a combination of data, insights and logic in decision making and proven ability to think long term
- Passionate about delivering perfect brand and product experiences
- Strong communication and influencing skills and good at building relationships
- Good level of English is required
· Competitive salary
· 23 days of Annual Leave
· Meal Vouchers subsidized by Dyson
· Flexible retribution option
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.