- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Retail Operations
- Toronto - Canada
About the role
This is a 12 month full time contract opportunity.
People leadership – Lead and develop a team of high performers
- Lead by example and model the behaviors that reflect Dyson’s core values
- Lead and support a fun, engaging, and ambitious in-store culture ensuring the team is involved, valued, and recognized for their contribution
- Spend time coaching our Experts, recognizing strengths and developing opportunities; manage overall team performance and growth in partnership with Store Manager
- Ensure that there is a communication and engagement strategy to ensure Experts are aware of their measures of performance and bonus objectives and are fully informed of current business priorities, promotions, etc.
- Develop and execute a strategy to hire and retain the best talent; be able to spot and develop talent in store to ensure a strong succession plan
- Work in partnership with HR regarding all appropriate employee relations topics including performance and conflict management
On-going store operations – maintain a model of operational excellence and flawless retail execution
- Partner with Store Manager to translate the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in customer experience, sales, and profit
- Be fully versed in the content of the Operating Manual and ensure every element is executed; ensure highest degree of retail execution on a daily basis
- Ensure that the retail operation complies to all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health, and Safety
- Take ownership for maintaining the highest standard of store maintenance including daily cleaning of product, fixtures
- Monitor controllable expenses; be accountable for inventory management overseeing ordering, receiving, and loss prevention
Drive iconic service and sales
- Partner with Store Manager to ensure store achievement of targeted goals in service and sales
- Analyze our in-store analytics to drive sales, traffic, and ensure the best customer experience and engagement
- Partner with Store Manager to execute plans for live events to ensure theatre and education for Dyson shoppers
- Lead and converse with senior colleagues up to and including Director level; be comfortable hosting store visits with senior leadership and VIPs
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a customer-facing, retail setting required
- 2+ years of retail management experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred or equivalent experience required
- Experience in leading sales and operations in a retail store required
- Experience managing a P & L strongly preferred
- Experience working with or in a premium or luxury brand strongly preferred
- Bi-lingual language proficiency is a plus
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Store Performance Bonus Program
- Product Ownership Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- Employee Assistance Program
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please send an email to Careers.email@example.com. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.