- a competitive compensation package based on market salary data
- Seoul - South Korea
Dyson is a technology and engineering pioneer and currently operates in the categories of Floorcare, Environmental Control (“Air Multiplier” bladeless fans/heaters/humidifiers/purifiers), Lighting, and Professional (“Airblade” hand dryers). Dyson began 22 years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better.
Dyson invented world’s first bagless vacuum with Root Cyclone™ technology, and also the bladeless fans with Air Amplifier™ technology. Currently Dyson holds 4,550 patents and patents holding, and have a team of over 2,000 engineers and scientists. Dyson also holds a Queen’s Award for Innovation.
Dyson vacuum cleaners are now available in 70 countries worldwide, and on average one machine is sold every 5 seconds. 90% of our machines are sold overseas; this was 30% just 10 years ago. Dyson was recently awarded the Queen’s Award for International Trade, which reflects the company’s growth over the last few years. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer by value in the UK, US, Western Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and Australia.
“That’s really what Dyson is all about – new thinking to solve everyday problems.” - James Dyson
About the role
As a assistant category manager, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Dyson in Korea, maximizing brand presence and marketing expertise of Dyson. This role reports to the Sr. Category manager.
As a key provider of marketing campaign solutions, you will be responsible for shaping the strategy and delivery of marketing campaign solutions across all media platforms like TVC, website, Social, Digital and the 3rd party retailers. You will identify key user engagement/sales driver and plan the best creative/media/channel solutions to strengthen consumers’ familiarity of the brand, working with various teams such as sales, retail, ecommerce and PR.
Dyson is a culture driven by change and comfort in grey areas – an ideal candidate in this role will be a self-starter looking to make an immediate impact and help an innovative company continue to grow.
Develop Marketing plans accordingly to meet our vision and objectives in short term and long term.
- Work with Category Manger, and rest of the marketing team to define existing and new consumer target(s) and segments and develop propositions and programs to drive business within them
- Contribute to the formulation and execution of sales and marketing plans to differentiate Dyson, build brand equity and drive consumer purchase
- Conduct competitor and market analysis, including product and claim analysis, to develop counter strategies and initiatives
Deliver program of marketing activity
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute go-to-market strategies, ongoing support and plans including new product launches, advertising creative, media planning, channel strategies, public relations, point of sale, promotions etc.
- Assist with the development of effective brand communications including TV, digital etc.
Effectively manage key external agencies – Creative Agency, Media Agency, etc.
Work with media agency to plan best in class media execution, explore innovative new media channels to ensure cut through
High level of knowledge of consumer journey and insights. Focusing on all research data about competitors, brand health, and etc.
Manage Social brand accounts with an agency
Undertake range planning work to maximise long term profitability.
Devise product differentiation strategy across various sales channels
- Coordinate all stakeholders to execute entire category marketing plan. Retail marketing, agency, sales (both direct and indirect channels), training, operations etc. Ensure all are on the same page on category business context, target and strategy, and execution plan. Encourage and support stakeholders in executions and take responsibility on outputs.
At least six to eight years marketing experience required; some of which must be with a strong consumer brand
In-depth understanding of brand marketing from the concept to execution.
Hands-on experience of planning and operating marketing campaign, media and contents
In-depth understanding of market trends and key business drivers
Ability to independently develop a media strategy (TVC, Digital, and etc.) and specific media plan for a campaign
Experienced in social and influencer marketing
Broad thinker with strong analytical skills; ability to use market analysis to identify high potential opportunities
Proven ability to work cross-functionally
Fluency in English is mandatory
Benefitsa competitive compensation package based on market salary data.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.