- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
- Location details
- Chicago, IL
As a constantly growing engineering and technology company, Dyson is faced with maintaining brand perception while hitting strong sales goals. In the US, this requires delivering compelling customer experiences throughout every touchpoint, including in-store and online.
In order to accomplish this, Dyson is looking for an Associate Marketing Manager to drive retail marketing and merchandising strategy and execution for our beauty channel.
This position will work collaboratively across marketing, sales and finance to develop, execute and measure retailer merchandising and marketing plans. Internally, this person will be the retail expert for the beauty channel, responsible for understanding customer insights, retailer dynamics and operations. Externally, this person will be a steward of the Dyson brand, responsible for understanding, communicating and defending Dyson retail strategies and category priorities.
Accountabilities1. Co-author, agree and deliver the in store strategy for assigned accounts with the Senior Retail Marketing Manager• Delivery of annual marketing plans, in line with the overall Joint Business Plan• Communicate the strategy to retailers with close partnering with National Account Management team • Author and drive budgeting for US in store operation to deliver strategy• Be at the forefront of delivering our business-wide objective of “Flawless Execution” via creative, communications, project management and in store delivery for a consistent, flawless finish
2. Own and drive quantification of trade marketing activity in the US• Adopt a test/learn/refine approach to trialling new activities to further the business• Work closely with finance to conduct financial appraisals of marketing activities across all retailers• Communicate and roll out the most effective activities as best practice
3. Coordinate in store launches for new products• Develop local execution plans for global-led campaigns• Work with sales to understand needs for new POP to support new products and ensure development of new materials to drive the US in store vision• In collaboration with graphics team, develop and present sell-in materials for new in-store displays• In partnership with retail.com team, own delivery of in store and online marketing from beginning to end: from excellent briefs, outstanding project management and perfect execution
4. Own the development and execution plan for retailer events • Manage the strategic development and creative briefing of retailer events for select accounts• Key point person across all accounts in ensuring the right tools / materials are developed to enable successful local market executions• Determine efficiencies in current event materials and plans to maximize return on activity • Working in partnership with Category Teams, Retail Marketing colleagues & Sales Out team publish calendar of event activations to ensure all areas of the business are aligned and readied for support
5. Provide direction and support in execution of training and demonstration materials• Collaborate with Sales Out and training teams to understand needs of Stylists and store associates for training and demonstration across beauty portfolio and beauty channel• Work with Category teams to understand new product launches and help with development of digital and print materials as needed
6. Fulfill other duties as required• Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role• Fix things that you can see need fixing• Identify problems and find solutions
This is what we need you to have:
- Strong experience in marketing, specifically in retail marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, not necessarily business related but must display good commercial acumen / relevant experience.
- Ability to drive projects from concept through implementation, to analize results and provide strong rationale for recommendations
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Must have ‘gravitas’ to influence others
- Strong commercial acumen and thorough understanding of Dyson’s channels
- Experience with MS Office – especially Excel / PPT
- Can demonstrate a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
- Quick thinker to solve problems, draw financial conclusions and make fast, accurate decisions
It would be helpful if you also had some of these:
- Strong preference to past experience working with beauty channel partners
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.