- Hullavington - United Kingdom
The successful candidate will lead systems engineering activities within the Connected Car team on the Dyson Electric Vehicle programme. Taking ownership for a number of connected car features and having an end-to-end overview of components, they will take a systems engineering approach to ensure these meet required performance levels.
- Lead Systems Engineering activities for our connected car through the whole development lifecycle; from requirements definition and capture, through development, on to test and integration with the vehicle.
- Ensure all components (vehicle ECUs, Telematics modules, cloud and mobile software) work together to deliver connected car features to the target performance levels.
- Capture and document functional and non-functional requirements. Take a systems engineering approach to define behaviours for each component which delivers those requirements.
- Monitor and report to the programme on progress towards achieving connected car targets
- Take ownership for protocol documentation, ensuring that interfaces between system components are well-defined
- Apply your Systems Engineering knowledge to improve internal development processes
- Work with our software delivery partners to deliver on-vehicle connectivity related software
- Ensure test and verification methods are well defined and work with the development team to apply and report on test programmes.
- Degree in Systems Engineering, Electronics, Software, Physics or a similar field.
- A background in formal Systems Engineering will be advantageous
- Broad technical experience with some specialisation in software. You will be working across vehicle embedded software as well as cloud software.
- Any background in telematics, IOT or wireless protocols will be advantageous.
- Background in formal requirements capture and definition.
- Architectural experience.
- Prior experience of managing technical delivery through internal and external teams.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear focus on best practices for systems engineering.
- Good communication skills and experience writing clear requirements and documents