- Mechanical Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Based in our new RDD Centre at Senai, our engineers will play a key role in bringing proprietary Dyson technology to the market. As part of a global project team, working with specialists in Materials, Process, Chemical, Thermals, Fluid Dynamics and Structural Analysis. This team will design and develop new technology – exploring the limits of the technology and optimising our solutions.
About the roleAs an Associate Principal Engineer (APE), you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, applying your experience and knowledge from the get-go. The APE will serve as a subject matter expert and support the Sr Engineering Manager in leading and managing technical functions. Some activities (not limited to) would include the planning and leading a series of technical activities and coaching other junior staff at a project or programme level to deliver business needs. Activities include (not limited to):
- Lead or oversee the development of new or existing material systems
- Lead or oversee the exploration & evaluation of material systems and make recommendations for selection
- Identify failure modes and carry out experiments to understand the limits of proposed materials
- Aid Sr Engineering Manager in leading and delivering functional needs (People, systems (facilities, equipment, processes etc) and technology)
- Lead and collaborate with research and development teams to conceive solutions for new technology
- Work with internal and external experts in developing relevant systems for technology development
- Coach others to identify failures/faults and carry out experiments to understand limits, likelihood, and severity of failure.
About youAccountable for technical risks and issues at a programme level and reporting into Senior Leaders, the APE will need to have:
- A Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Chemical, Chemistry or Materials (Advanced Ceramics)
- 10+ years of relevant experience in product or technology development.
- 3+ years of experience in leading/mentoring others.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with ceramics and metals, and the methods used to synthesise them
- In-depth knowledge and experience of tools and methods used to characterise ceramic and metallic materials
- In-depth knowledge and experience of processes used to process and manufacture ceramic and metallic material systems
- Extensive knowledge on chemical reactions during the processing of ceramic and metallic materials
- Significant knowledge and experience in the failure modes of ceramic and metallic systems
- Hands on experience in analytical tools (e.g. microscopes, SEM, XRD etc)
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.