- Motors and Power Systems, Electronics, Research Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Based in our MDC facility at Senai, our Verification Team will play a key role in ensuring the reliability of the proprietary Dyson technology to the market. As part of a global project team, working with specialists in Battery Energy Storage Development Team, Electronics&Motor Team. This team will design and develop new methodologies that enable verification of our battery technologies – exploring the limits of the technology and optimising our solution.
Our Associate Principal Engineer (Test Reliability) will drive the Test and Verification strategy, taking output from Design Engineers, Engineering SMEs
Our contributions will span the product lifecycle through development to start of mass production.
- They do this through:
- Guide product reliability requirements development, test selection, and analyses for a wide variety of test data from life test. I.e. Battery, Heater, Electronics and Motor Testing.
- Provide strategic planning to define/meet project reliability objectives and ensure a structured reliability focus throughout development process and close loop.
- Develop/implement specific component/subassembly reliability tests/analyses/reviews to support reliability objectives for new NPI product.
- Serve as project team SME in test/analyses/simulation techniques needed to support project objectives
- Rapidly assimilate new technology, research/evaluate long term reliability implications, and provide input to project development teams.
- Provide the analytical skills in measurement, stress testing, reliability assessment, statistical, and simulation methods.
- Lead critique/evaluation of product design, reliability, mechanical wear out modes, environmental/transportation requirements
- Develop/execute HALT/ESS, environmental, transportation, life, engineering and/or V&V tests to ensure timely efficacious completion of product development.
- Lead teams to ensure full execution of identified pre-verification testing and review activities needed to ensure product robustness
- Prepare clearly written, accurate, highly detailed engineering reports grounded in solid science
- Apply basic statistical methodology and commonly used software (Matlab, SPSS, R, Minitab, etc.) needed to quantitatively support conclusions
- Broad electrical engineering skills with a recognized Degree/Masters/PhD In Electrical Electronics Engineering.Solid understanding of electrical engineering & motor. Mechanical engineering skills will added advantage.
- Proficient in instrumentation and data acquisition, for experiment and verification
- Capable of utilizing statistical tools to draw inference from large data sets
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written.
- Independent, confident and competent.
- Effectively communicate complex concepts in formal/informal presentations and in technical reports
- Contribute product design expertise during product development, including reliability assessment and deployment of common reliability tools
- Design supporting fixturing, lab testing methods and identify essential testing parameters/equipment
- Identify common failure modes of optical/mechanical/electronic systems
- Influence effectively in a cross-functional environment (e.g. multi-site, technical development, other functions)
- Skilled in hands on lab work, executing investigative tests and experiments.
- More than 8 years working experience in Electronic/Electric design industry or similar environment.
- Knowledge in the use of specialized engineering software such as MATLAB (Simulink), LabVIEW or other similar software.
- Tools & processes
- Dyson product development process
- Risk management (e.g. DFMEA)
- 6-sigma toolsets
- Team Centre lifecycle management
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
*We only consider experienced candidate for this position. Fresh Graduates please refer to our Graduate Program*