- Manufacturing and tooling
- Singapore - Singapore
About the role
- Primarily supports new product introductions by working closely with RDD, manufacturing plants, and outside Vendors to implement manufacturing technologies.
- To collaborates with personnel from RDD, Quality, Manufacturing, Process/Assembly Technology, in developing NPI product design to manufacturing without compromising product design intent with innovative tool designs and new technologies, creating a seamless collaborate to ensure successful product launches.
- Define requirements for injection molding processes, automation, and other technologies from concept evaluation through pilot production, process optimization, validation, and commercialization.
- Review vendor recommendations as given by our Commercial Team to ensure that the vendor has both the capacity and capability to perform their tasks.
- Manage vendors on time delivery and quality of work.
- To review, sign off and approve tool DFM for new tool and tool modification (robust tools, cooling, injection, ejection, type of steel to be used and the steel conditions, movements, tool size & machine tonnage, cavitation, cycle time estimates and tool cost estimates for capex.
- To evaluate and modify cad models, use mold flow simulation techniques, along with mold cavity process monitoring instrumentation.
- To advise, recommend action on tool modification, repair & maintenance requests as made by vendors with propose delivery times to meet project time plan or production.
- Leads and executes tool design activities and molding process development activities including IOPQ process validation for medical products from the prototype stage to full commercial scale.
- Manages assigned projects and reports, providing tracking and regular status updates against project plan and project budget.
- To collaborate with Tool Admin to ensure Dyson tooling assets are well maintained, with vendors submitting all the drawings on disc for history reference as is requested to make sure All Dyson toolmakers work according to the tooling Manuel, using good working practises to deliver a good robust tool fit for purpose as quoted and on time
- Able to work and manage High Volume/Low Mix, Low Volume/High Mix projects which needs capacity planning, understanding the shared/repeat tools and utilizations etc..
- Able to train, mentor and counsel assistants and team members in the area of proper manufacturability of high volume medical molded parts.
- Able to work in high pressure situations to manage multiple priorities and expectations
- 10-15 years of working experience in Tool Design/ Machining /Injection tooling and moulding field
- Knowledge and experience to interpret 3D CAD files and 2D drawing
- Candidates history should cover complex mold design, and molding machine process development. Proven ability to make changes to part design for moldability /manufacturability. Demonstrated leadership as a molding lead within a cross functional group with direct responsibility for positive project results.
- Previous engineering experience in an FDA (Food and Drug Administration) GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)/QSR (Quality System Regulation) environment
- Previous experience writing part specifications and managing vendors who make equipment, molds, and provide custom molding services.
- Strong analytical and empirical skills. Proven ability to execute scientific molding principles with a full understanding of DOE processes and statistical software(s) like Minitab
- RJG Master Molder training/certification or similar skill set desirable
- Experience in metrology and development of fixtures and measurement methods
- CAD experience in UG or another CAD system is a plus.
- Ability to interpret, edit and correct part models and drawings and in addition complete and/or critically evaluate molding simulations
- Experience developing new products from concept to launch phase, including pilot capabilities to full production scale-up
- Experience with Mold Flow analysis for part design and moldability
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.