- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As subject matter expert the associate principle will be responsible for the provision of influence and leadership in the arena of Supply and Manufacturing Quality for a specific product category at Dyson. Monitoring front end research, development through to production ramp the AP will be expected to develop and support the execution of strategic objectives associated with Quality Assurance and Control within the supply chain.
Promote cultural awareness of supply and manufacturing quality keeping informed of production and supply status while supporting required corrective action and supplier development initiatives;
- Relate design or supply chain and manufacturing risk to cost of poor quality and reliability.
- Utilise and endorse the appropriate use of manufacturing data and related Quality control requirements to report on supplier performance through considered and relevant KPIs.
- Contribute to and report on the positive development of engineering and technical capability cross the supply chain to meet subsequent Quality targets and functional objectives.
- Understand influencing design/performance requirements to meet and align supplier or contract manufacturer’s capabilities.
- Support the supplier selection process by providing technical capability, quality audits and robust qualification process.
- Coordinate the generation of technical checklists to be used in conjunction with related supply chain selection/assessments and associated development programs.
- Implement capability enhancement where required proposing recommendation and action, tracking through to successful completion.
- Ensure that all risks to supply chain and manufacturing quality are understood and mitigated. Assess and identify bought out technologies and componentry critical to functional intent.
- Significant experience managing/leading technical and quality change programmes / projects in similar industries.
- Effective influencing skills across the wider business including all functions within Dyson.
- Clarity of communication – both upwards, peers and across multiple countries and both 1:1 and in small group interactions at all levels.
- A strong background in either operations, engineering or quality and project management – to provide the fundamental understanding of day to day business operational and manufacturing risk.
- The ability to balance the day to day challenges of multiple projects, progress reporting, working across time zones and cross-functional teams.
- A tenacious approach to working – balancing technical performance requirements, quality and manufacturing risks, problems and root cause solutions are rarely straightforward and involve people, processes and systems – their effective systemic resolution is unlikely to be trivial.
- Broad technical strength across electrical systems, electronics and software with an understanding of basic mechanical engineering.
- An open and co-operative approach, empathetic of others with a pleasant and collaborative outlook. A team player.
- Patient with a mentality that thrives in fluid, dynamic and often unstructured environment.
- Familiarity with Supply Chain manufacturing processes in both Mechanical and Electro mechanical products.
- Solid knowledge of Change Management techniques.
- Formal quality training in six sigma, ISO standards, etc.
- Solid understanding of the use of quality tools such as RCA, 5Y, 8D, C&E.
- Understanding and proven experience in the technical & quality requirements of process validation i.e. IQ/OQ/PQ, including sampling, statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of the creation of PFMEA’s & Compiling Control Plans.
- Understanding of manufacturing engineering and engineering drawings (GD&T).
- Understanding of Measurement Analysis techniques.
- Good (2.1 or better) degree with a preference to Electronics, Software or Systems Engineering or similar discipline.
- Good achievement at A-level (3+ A/B in maths/sciences).
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines