- Robotics and Machine Learning
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Amazing robots can only come from the most talented people working together, sharing the right tools and resources, at the right time, having fun, and aiming high. This is our goal: build a great Robotic Team with a focused vision of robots in the real world solving concrete problems for people, comprised of the world’s best roboticists, with a culture of ambition and excellence paired with a healthy work-life balance. Dyson is the place to show what you can do, and love doing it.
AccountabilitiesYou'll join an ambitious and rapidly growing research team at Dyson HQ, focused on building real robots to go into people’s homes. The team is very diverse, covering topics including Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robot Control, Mechatronics, Electronics and Human-Robot Interaction, all with the backdrop of a friendly and multi-cultural work environment.
You will work in the cutting edge of the Robotics field where learning from the environment is the key. Where others see hype, we see essence. We are not afraid to fail and are in this for the long run. As we have done in the past, and continue to do with every new Dyson product, we aim to push the boundaries of what others think is impossible.
- Contribute to the development of the on-going internal Reinforcement Learning efforts.
- Design, implement and evaluate both new methods and learning tasks.
- Identify opportunities to apply reinforcement learning techniques to improve our robots performance.
- Report and present developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Keep up-to-date with the state-of-the-art in the field of Reinforcement Learning with particular focus on Robotics.
- Attend technical conferences throughout the world.
- PhD in machine learning, neuroscience or computer science.
- Demonstrable experience in Reinforcement Learning and AI/ML.
- Demonstrable experience with modern Machine Learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Chainer)
- Strong knowledge and experience of Python and C++.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines