- Competitive / Benefits
- Hullavington - United Kingdom
You will be in charge of our fixings strategy for the whole automotive division. You will drive the fixings project from concept through the various technology readiness levels. You will be involved in every aspect of the fixings specification process with the supporting design techniques. You will also be linked with other experts in design, PLM system and supplier management.
- Define and implement Fixings strategy for automotive division.
- Own the maturation and report of fixings use.
- Report status of fixings use across the division.
- Recommend ways forward to minimise and rationalise fixings usage.
- Define targets for fixings usage.
- Own and manage fixings catalogue.
- Manage suppliers for necessary support.
- A first degree or Masters in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- A proven experience in managing fixings for a manufacturing business of similar size and complexity.
- Fundamental knowledge of fixings and how they work.
- Good understanding of manufacturing complexity.
- Good understanding of PLM systems and how we may use them to manage the fixings catalogue.
Essential behavioural skills:
- Desire to develop knowledge and expertise in the respective field.
- Ability to work across a number of different projects and platforms simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
- Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values that would result in great Dyson products.
- To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment in an organised manner
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Lift share scheme
Subsidised café and restaurants
Discount on Dyson machines
And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.