- Product Design
- Singapore - Singapore
This individual is capable of lead task force to resolve business critical issues efficiently and effectively, while demonstrating exceptional technical management skills. It is essential for the individual to have the ability to initiate, develop and oversee complex ideas, design concepts, proposal, procedures, project and technical reviews.
About the role
- Responsible for technical oversight of projects within discipline, covering Requirements, Specifications, Risks, and Issues.
- Safeguard development and verification of products and works towards best practice, whilst maintain flexibility in their approach and a proactive can do attitude.
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution, taking the lead in the design and verification of the engineering solution.
- Overseeing engineering builds, ensuring quality and rigour of rigs built according to specifications.
- Manage, drive and sign off release of engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for key milestones.
- Stay current with technology trends and identify opportunities for improvement and development within the team.
- Over 10 years’ experience in design, develop and deliver electrical and mechanical integration solutions including battery pack, power supply, printed circuit board, motor, looming, cable and cordset for high volume consumer products.
- Ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles required to solve complex problems spanning across multiple projects and/or fields, typically without precedents.
- Demonstrated ability to assess multiple viewpoints/argument independently, and determine technical path forward for the project/category.
- Expert in root cause analysis techniques. Able to coach engineers to advanced level.
- Strong organization and project planning skills to manage multiple high priority tasks and resources simultaneously.
- Able to identify and manage technical risks spanning multiple fields and projects. Expected to set direction for mitigation plan, with significant impact that span across regions / projects / categories. Expert in FMEA techniques and able to coach engineers to advanced level.
- Demonstrate proficiency in coaching others; recognised as a great mentor/sponsor for professional development.
- Communicate effectively complex ideas and concepts, frequently tailoring communication to suit different levels. Has strong ability to influence cross-functional teams at all levels. Ability to influence senior management is critical to success.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.