- SGD Competitive Salary
- Manufacturing and tooling, Automotive
- Singapore - Singapore
Manufacturing DFx work with design teams:
- Use DFA/DFM and Lean Manufacturing techniques to ensure suitability of all designs for efficient manufacture.
- Attend technical reviews / design meetings and present feedback where required.
- Lead virtual builds, to develop an assembly process and understand risks Support physical builds in a Pilot Build environment.
- Manage technical issues and escalate where appropriate.
- Project management, through development and monitoring of timing plans.
Manufacturing technology development:
- Assess the manufacturing requirements associated with a product, compare this to existing capability and map necessary areas for technology development.
- Work with other engineers, external suppliers and Universities to resolve these capability gaps through manufacturing technology development.
- Generation of manufacturing documentation for new products / technologies, such as process and material flows, prototype build videos, production layouts and time studies, equipment lists and costings, PFMEAs, etc.
- Contribute towards the development and submission of departmental responses to key individuals such as Directors, programme managers and design managers.
Specification, purchase and implementation of Manufacturing Systems and equipment
- Create RFQ specifications for key manufacturing equipment.
- Raise capital requests in a timely manner to support product launch plans.
- Proof of Principle – where required develop proof of principle manufacturing rigs either internally or with external suppliers to understand manufacturing risk.
- Assess the process capability of key processes and equipment, using SPC, GR&R or Measurement System Analysis as appropriate.
- Project manage and oversee implementation of equipment (from complex machines to jigs and fixtures) using both internal and external (supplier) resource.
- Investigate and implement new component manufacturing solutions.
- Assist in the identification and selection of new manufacturing equipment suppliers.
- Degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Project management: APM or PMI certifications 10 + years experience from a manufacturing environment.
- Held a position of responsibility (project / people / financial) within the manufacturing function of a lean, quality driven, class leading organization
- Ability to evaluate, understand and manage risk (technical, safety, commercial) associated with a project.
- Delivered continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment. Green or Black belt accreditation in Lean Six-Sigma.