- Singapore - Singapore
The Power Electronics and Energy Storage group is a multidisciplinary team responsible for the development of Dyson Digital Motors and Lithium Ion battery management. Dyson Digital Motors are small and light, yet extremely powerful; they power the next generation of handheld vacuum cleaners as well as the revolutionary Dyson hair care range. Dyson battery management systems provide the high power energy sources required to power the category leading cord free, robot and haircare products. As part of this group, we are looking to expand our Power Electronics capability in SEA.
About the roleRole & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety and reliability of Dyson products.
- Take technical responsibility for the power electronic content of a number of projects across different product categories ensuring their successful delivery.
- Actively identify technical risks within projects and drive their resolution.
- Challenge where appropriate and develop best practice and process improvement across the business.
- Act as a subject matter expert across the business and multiple projects
- Develop and train others either within their own or the wider team.
About youSkills & Experience Desired:
- Degree or equivalent experience in electronic engineering or comparable discipline along with demonstrable industrial experience.
- More than 6 years working experience in Electronic design industry or similar environment.
- In depth knowledge and experience in the design and development of motor drives, inverters, SMPS and power electronics products.
- Experience in Battery Management System and Secondary Battery Technologies is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of device characteristics specifically IGBTs, MOSFETs and emerging technologies in in real-world applications.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences including senior management.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Circuit simulation and analysis expertise (e.g. SiMetrix, SPICE or Matlab)
- Experience with PCB/schematic capture tools PCB layout.
- Proven ability to design products for compliance with worldwide EMC/EMI standards.
- Knowledge and experience of thermal management
- Able to provide technical direction and participate in cross-team technical reviews.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or in a team.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Innovative problem solver willing to search for creativity.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.