- SGD Competitive Remuneration package
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Singapore, Singapore - Singapore
We are seeking an embedded software engineer to join our expanding Software team.
- Lead product requirement document review and analysis, feasibility study and proof of concept.
- Take a proactive approach in software architecture and design, as well as improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical challenges across projects/matrix structure.
- Act as subject matter expert in their field, disseminating knowledge, guiding and mentor engineers in methodology, best practice and standards.
- Proactively identify technical risks within projects and influence engineering teams in their resolution, often taking the lead in the software architecture and design of the engineering solution.
- Challenge and develop best practice and process improvements within software team and across the wider RDD function.
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering) or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience in design, coding and verification of embedded system.
- In-depth experience with C / C++, UML, Python, Linux-based embedded system.
- In-depth experience in embedded real-time software engineering (requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing), data structures, algorithms.
- Experience in software development life cycles (Agile).
- Experience with various embedded development tools (emulators, debuggers, analysers, oscilloscopes, etc) as well as configuration management tools and concepts.
- Working knowledge of software engineering to the guidelines of IEC 61508 “Functional safety” and/or other safety standards are advantages.
- Knowledge of wireless communication technologies (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth), software security, LabVIEW are advantages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent technical leadership skill and able to influence the work of others.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)