- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Marketing, Project Management
- Chicago - USA
Dyson is a global technology company. We’re growing fast. And our ambition is huge. Dyson is all about better ideas and new technologies. It’s about inventing the future. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on projects that involve our intelligently engineered products such as the new Dyson Airwrap™ styler. You will manage a complex range of dynamic projects for the US Graphics and Marketing teams in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment. This exciting new role will have a strong emphasis on tradeshow and event management, accounting for 60%+ of project load. The other 40% of the workload will be focused on managing retail projects from conception to completion, including in-store fixtures and launch campaign deliverables
- Position responsible for managing the production of tradeshow events and activations, project budgets, timelines, logistical support, vendor and agencies relations.
- Ensure the direction and trajectory of projects matches expectations of stakeholders, delivers the best possible consumer and/or retailer experience at exhibition maintaining brand integrity.
- Pro-actively drive critical project milestones, stakeholder reviews, activity delivery and completion.
- Manage inventory, shipping and ordering of event components in central and/or supplier warehouses.
- Clear understanding of event deadlines, registrations and form submissions.
- Attend shows with clear understanding of what the event execution should be and trouble-shoot with vendor or show staff as needed.
- Hold vendors and onsite teams accountable to consistently deliver against Dyson’s quality expectations.
- Record on-site feedback and capture photos from setup, run of show and teardown.
- Compile show recaps, summarizing results and insights to inform stakeholders and future events.
- Traffic and secure all concept, 2D and 3D approvals internally with Marketing and Legal team stakeholders.
- Work closely with in-house Designers, Category Managers, Retail Marketing Managers, Sales-Out partners and UK HQ Event Team colleagues.
- Present projects in internal creative reviews to the VP of Marketing, Head of Graphics, Director of Retail Marketing and other key internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Design, Marketing, related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 4-5 years related work experience.
- Experience working in an Event Agency environment preferred, but not required.
- A proven track record of project and/or production management experience.
- Past experience working with big box, department and/or beauty retailers a plus.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Travel 15-20%, traveling 2-3 times per month during peak season. Flexibility to work additional hours and long days when onsite.
- Demonstrate and exercise knowledge of design and project management processes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, to both peers and senior stakeholders.
- Exceptional follow up and timely execution of projects.
- Solid brief writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize in the face of many immediate demands and work under pressure.
- Ability to think fast on your feet to resolve issues (if, when they arise).
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity.
- Understanding of graphic design.
- Familiarity and/or basic comfort level reviewing technical drawing packs (developed by Event Designers and/or Dyson’s suppliers).
- Working knowledge of prototype and production processes (corrugate, metal and/or millwork fabrication).
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Fix things that need fixing.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.