- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Business Technologies Team
Dyson’s Digital Business Technologies Team has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business systems enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process in 82 markets. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience, Retail, Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Product Development and Finance & Procurement.
Digital Business Technologies - Programme and Project Management Practice Vision
We deliver successful transformation enabling programmes and projects. With the determination to disrupt the status quo in pursuit of excellence, we empower Dyson to be different by delivering authentic and innovative solutions that make Dyson a pioneering company.
About the roleReporting to the Programme Manager or Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering low complexity projects or delegated workstreams of a larger project or programme under the direction of a senior project manager or programme manager to produce the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Scheduling and managing resources to deliver the project via a matrix management model. You may be required to work independently or with a small team.
- Working with SME level stakeholders, to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered to enable benefits to be realised.
- Understanding and applying the highest standards of project management. As an active and engaged member of the PPM community of practice you will be expected to identify and realise opportunities for continuous improvement in our ways of working.
- Managing the day-to-day organisation of the project and/ or delegated workstream. This includes establishing and maintaining delivery control by building a robust project plan and through the effective management of change, risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies as well as tracking and reporting delivery against milestones.
- Ensuring appropriate levels of financial control by delivering predictable and reliable cost estimating, management and forecasting.
- Establishing effective governance and controls so that projects and/or delegated workstreams are appropriately structured, well planned and executed.
- Developing your career at Dyson by creating and owning your professional and personal development plan, using the PPM talent development framework to baseline your capabilities and identify stretch targets to build your career.
About youPerson specification / Core Competencies:
- Strong communication skills including the ability to convey complex messages effectively
- Leadership attributes and potential with good networking skills
- A proactive change agent who inspires trust
- The ability to work effectively through collaboration and to deliver through others
- Keen problem solver with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Personal resilience and a learning mind-set
- Self-motivated with drive and determination to deliver to a high standard at pace
- This is a junior level project management role at Dyson, you will be expected to have a good working knowledge of project management principles and be able to articulate how your work experience is relevant in that context
- A track record of successfully delivering at least one project to time, cost, scope and quality
- Evidence of effective stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Working knowledge of at least one project management methodology. (Agile, Waterfall & Hybrid)
- Financial acumen with the ability to manage a budget and produce a financial forecast
- Solid understanding of working in an IT environment and of modern IT standards
- Strong verbal critical reasoning skills and the ability to work with concepts
- Knowledge and experience across the project and programme lifecycle.
- Experience of delivering low complexity projects or delegated workstreams with budgets up to £250k
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams via a matrix management approach
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and/or working with offshore teams
- Proven ability to manage project budgets effectively and experience of financial reporting
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.