- Hullavington - United Kingdom
Dyson has an opportunity for Battery Test Technician to join the highly successful Powertrain group within in its Electric Vehicle Engineering Team based at Hullavington
- Operate battery testbeds to carry out pre-defined tests.
- Carry out day-to-day maintenance tasks to keep battery testbeds operational (e.g. calibration, minor fault fixing with test engineers).
- Hands-on swap over of batteries on testbeds including mechanical and electrical connections.
- Liaise with prototype build teams to coordinate battery movements on and off testbeds.
- Liaise with battery engineers on test scheduling.
- HND in Engineering (NVQ Level 4 or equivalent is beneficial but not essential)
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) for simple reporting and recording
- Strong team working skills, to work with testbed engineers and battery engineers
- Ability to perform methodical problem solving
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach, and work with a can-do attitude
- Experience of AVL battery testbed operation is beneficial but not essential
- Electric vehicle powertrain test experience is beneficial but not essential
- Automotive high voltage experience is beneficial but not essential
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines