- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Chicago - USA
The Benefits Manager will lead the execution, promotion and education of employee benefits across the US, Canada and Mexico for a growing 1,400+ organization with a large part time, remote and hourly population.
The successful candidate has proven technical and communication capabilities, and extreme attention to detail to deliver benefits timely and accurately. Must have prior experience managing the benefits function.
- Liaise with benefits broker on employee benefit matters and ensure compliance with ACA, ERISA, DOL, and other regulatory issues across the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs.
- Develop company cost information for new plans and make premium cost share recommendations to management.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and termination records for all benefits plans. Ensure open enrolment is successfully delivered.
- Respond to 401(k) plan inquiries relating to enrollments, rollovers and employer contributions.
- Oversee administration of leave of absence requests (medical, disability, FMLA, Worker’s comp and Child Care Leave).
- Oversee the workers’ compensation claim submission process by being the liaison between employees, managers and the insurance carrier.
- Maintain OSHA logs and complete annual reporting requirements.
- Manage and mentor a small team of benefits specialists.
- Partner with Dyson HQ on global benefits projects. Aid in shaping the strategic direction of benefits with the regional and global head of total rewards.
- Effectively market Dyson benefits to staff so that they are well understood and utilized.
SkillsThis is what we need you to have:
- Strong background with benefits delivery, with some at the management level
- Experience with ADP required, Workforce Now experience preferred.
- Technically savvy with MS Excel.
- Excellent communication and teamwork. Prudently balances employee experience and operational efficiency, always with a solution orientation.
- Understands and applies logic to analyze benefits data, looking for patterns, drawing insights.
- Anticipates questions, thinks ahead, plans for contingencies. Finds alternative/practical lutions when ideal solutions are not possible.
- Maintains confidentiality and delivers with accuracy and thoroughness in a timely manner.
It would be helpful if you also had some of these:
- Canadian and/or Mexico benefits experience a significant plus.
- Workday also a plus
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.