- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Application Business Services Team
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
About the roleReporting to the Business Analyst Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting analysis activity in order to elicit requirements and inform business decisions.
- Supporting the implementation of information system and enhancements in line with business need and aiding benefits realisation.
- Investigating, analysing and reviewing project or business documentation.
- Supporting the definition of requirements for improving processes and systems.
- Supporting the creation and iteration of acceptance criteria in preparation for the deployment of information and communication systems.
- Producing business models and assisting in the development of business cases.
- Working independently or collaboratively on complex situations and tasks.
- Providing specialist advice on subject to multiple stakeholders on complex issues.
- Acting as a role model and/or coach to Associate Business Analysts.
Core Competencies (SFIA):
- Business analysis - BUAN – Level 4
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes. Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration. Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
- Requirements definition and management - REQM – Level 3
- Defines scope and business priorities for small-scale changes and may assist in larger scale scoping exercises. Elicits and discovers requirements from operational management and other stakeholders. Selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements. Specifies and documents business requirements as directed, ensuring traceability back to source. Analyses them for adherence to business objectives and for consistency, challenging positively as appropriate. Works with stakeholders to prioritise requirements.
- Business Modelling – BSMO – Level 3
- Conversant with techniques covering full range of modelling situations. Models current and desired scenarios as directed. Selects appropriate modelling techniques for meeting assigned objectives. Gains agreement from subject matter experts to models produced. Reviews resulting models with stakeholders and gains resolution to resultant issues.
- Data Analysis – DTAN – Level 3
- Applies data analysis, data modelling, and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions). Advises database designers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- Years (> 4) of broad practical experience in the role, with repeated practice performing business analysis in a variety of complex situations.
- 3-5 years of experience with Kinaxis Rapid Response solution.
- Previous experience of in Demand Planning, Supply Network Planning in either IT role or Super User role
- Deep domain knowledge of one or more functional supply chain and planning processes such Integrated Business Planning, Demand Planning, Inventory Management or Inventory Optimization and Master Production Scheduling or other APS solutions
- Kinaxis RapidResponse certification in the role of Contributor, Author, or Admin. Rapid Response Author Level 2 certification preferred.
- Foundational level understanding of Kinaxis data model, key control settings, and analytics.
- Experience with integration of legacy data, or spreadsheets and data management in Kinaxis Rapid Response
- Has a good understanding of Inventory management as a business process
- Experience of integrations, specifically PI/PO
- Have experience in full implementation Rapid Response end to end including interfacing with SAP
- Once embedded, will typically demonstrate good Domain and/or System knowledge inside own area. Minimal Domain and/or System knowledge outside of own area.
- Awareness of the wide range of activities performed by BAs.
- Can cope with complex cases through deliberate analysis and planning.
- Can achieve excellent results on small, less complicated work without supervision.
- Project implementation via Agile or waterfall and enhancement process.
- Relevant professional qualifications; including either:
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis -or-
- IIBA Level 3 Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- A willingness to work towards more advanced Qualification such as:
- BCS Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Experience of working in matrix structures, with cross functional teams and operating under both line reporting and project task managers
- Experience of working in agile / scrum framework environments
- Has experience with S/4 Hana implementation.
- FMCG industry
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.