- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the role12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Lead all Business Change initiatives for the Future of Direct Experience Data and Content Programme.
- Work with key senior and exec sponsors on defining and scoping of key commercial, operational or Customer-centric initiatives as part of the Future of Direct and Experience, Data and Content Programme.
- Effectively collaborate with regional change teams to establish consistent change lifecycle within Dyson to ensure a consistent approach to change
- Partnering with stakeholders across the organisation to ready them for business change i.e. consideration of impact, communication, training, stakeholder management, business readiness, benefits tracking, etc.
- Work in collaboration with Group functions such as Global IT in managing the Business Change impacts.
- Work with 3rd party’s where necessary.
- Define the change agenda roadmap with the exec in alignment with the market strategies
- Ensure standard ways of working focusing on impacts to ‘People, Process, System and communication
- Work closely with group product owners to deliver all required change to the business
- Feed into high level requirements.
- Identify, monitor and minimise any operational risks associated with change projects.
- Provide status updates on change and manage market expectation in accordance to timelines.
- Provide regular updates on project progress, gaining decisions on key risks/ issues.
- Support in market system releases across current and future digital solutions.
- Develop in market manager capabilities in managing change initiatives – coaching and support
- Excellent change management skills, using APMG and Lean methodologies to execute change focusing on our people, our processes, the systems and tools they use, whilst ensuring excellent communication throughout the lifecycle and scope.
- You will have demonstrable project management experience where you will have planned and delivered multiple projects successfully using either or all of the following principles and methodologies: Lean/ Six sigma, Agile, Waterfall, APMG
- You will have successfully delivered a change portfolio at a regional or global level (ideally) within a large matrix structured organisation
- You will have led end to end business change and been responsible for implementing governance frameworks and defining change principles, as well as developing manager capability at a local / market level to plan and manage change initiatives
- You will have previous experience of delivering / launching new system releases e.g. CRM / Digital solutions
- You will have a collaborative style to your work and be happy to roll up your sleeves if and when required
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills and be comfortable presenting to exec and senior management level
- You will need to be commercially savvy and resourceful
- Previous experience of working with and overseeing 3rd Party productivity
- You will be a self-starter, detail oriented, have a real interest and enjoyment in ‘seeing change through and making things happen
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.