- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As a leading technology company Dyson is constantly developing and changing. In order to be fit for the future Dyson is undertaking a major IT project. The Business Continuity Manager will lead on the planning and implementation of resilience arrangements working with colleagues around the globe. Reporting to Dyson’s group business continuity lead.
AccountabilitiesThe Business Continuity Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the global business is ready for the upgrade. You will lead on the planning and implementation of resilience arrangements working with colleagues around the globe. Reporting to Dyson’s group business continuity lead
The Business Continuity Manager:
- Own the BCM work stream of the project
- Work with Dyson Group BCM lead to ensure project BCM planning supports overall company BC objectives and Strategy
- Work with Dyson Group IT Service Continuity leads to understand system Availability
- Work with IT professional leads across the Dyson markets and global operation.
- Develop and write policies, procedures and plans, and evolve these as necessary
- Work with wider Group BC Team on supporting Business Impact Analysis
- Support business areas in defining their Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Identify and communicate BCP/DR associated risks to project teams and stakeholders. Lead the development of incident and BC plans where appropriate.
- Provide guidance and support to the project
- Contribute to the planning and execution of cross function Business Continuity exercises and system Availability assurance activities
SkillsWith experience in a similarly dynamic, complex organisation in an international role, you’ll have a proven working knowledge or embedding BCM in working as part of a global matrix managed team. Ideally also experience of business continuity within complex projects
- Autonomy - Works under broad direction. Work is often self-initiated. Is fully responsible for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives. Establishes Milestones and has a significant role in the assignment of tasks and/or responsibilities.
- Influence - Influences organisation, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of own specialism. Builds appropriate and effective business relationships. Makes decisions which impact the success of assigned work i.e. results, deadlines and budget. Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments.
- Complexity - Performs and extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities. Undertakes work which requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts. Understands the relationship between own specialism and the wider customer/organisational requirements and is able to articulate the process in a jargon-free manner to stakeholders
- Business Skills - Advises on available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives. Analyses, designs, plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets. Assesses and evaluates risk. Communicates effectively, both formally and informally. Demonstrates leadership. Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives. Takes all requirements into account when making proposals. Takes initiative to keep skills up to date. Mentors colleagues. Maintains an awareness of developments in the industry. Analyses requirements and advises on scope and options for continuous operational improvement. Demonstrates creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder.
- ERP Digital transformation- ideally with Business Continuity experience of ERP implementation: ie SAP or Oracle.
- CBCI, MBCI or equivalent certification or equivalent formal training and experience successfully utilizing established business continuity methodologies
- 5+ years of experience in a BCM role. There are
- Experience of BCP/DR activities with proven experience ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of BCM in manufacturing or in a Global organisation;
- Experience of BCM complex transformation projects.
- Experience of responding to BCM Incidents
- Excellent relationship skills - the ability to build positive relationships with both technical and business personnel.
- Experience of negotiation and conflict management skills in a complex matrix structure.
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral presentation material
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities within virtual teams and multi-party environments.
This is a fixed term contract for a period of 12 months.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines