- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Field Sales
- Kansas City, MO, USA
To develop and implement B2B sales and market development strategies for the Dyson Airblade™ Hand Dryer within designate territory to drive sales and exceed targets.
Develop and manage channel partners in designated territory, including National Distribution partners
- Assess strengths and weaknesses in local and regional distributors and implement strategies for success.
- Visit customer, specifications, and distributor outlets as part of planned visiting program based on KPI’s set by General Manager.
- Obtain and deliver one or more CEU courses monthly.
- Follow up and progress meetings utilizing Salesforce.com.
- Develop and progress a pipeline to deliver ongoing sales results.
Obtain and manage distribution displays created by Dyson’s marketing team.
- Actively work with existing and potential distributors to extend Dyson’s sales reach, by arranging joint visits with local distributors to their top clients.
- Arrange and deliver product demonstration sessions at distributor locations in order for their customers to experience Airblade first hand.
- Manage potential and actual channel conflict.
Generate market demand in designated territory by working as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Evaluate public visibility of product.
- Create and implement strategy of increasing public visibility of product.
- Assess local tradeshow opportunities and collaborate with marketing to maximize ROI of attending.
- Introduce product to potential new customers.
- Introduce product to potential influencers, especially architects and distributors.
- Respond to any inquiries about product such as, but not limited to, quotes, technical specs, sales, distribution, and trade shows.
- Achievement of sales targets in terms of volume, revenue and contribution from the mass business market.
- Deliver effective sales meetings and presentations to a wide range of small and medium sized businesses, through pre-booked and ad-hoc meetings.
- Maximize client facing time through effective calendar management of both proactive and reactive sales opportunities.
Drive sales in designated territory to exceed targets
- Build and maintain relationships with buyers, influencers, and distributors.
- Prospect, develop, and manage new business opportunities.
- Build pipeline of business large enough to drive sales targets.
- Negotiate and close orders within set parameters (pricing, terms and conditions, etc.).
- Expand customers from one-time purchasers to established, repeat business.
- Manage customer satisfaction with excellent account management.
- Deliver on revenue commitments.
- Use CRM effectively; recording all sales and service related activity and use the diary management functions to be as efficient as possible.
Execute supporting internal job requirements
- Accurately report on market conditions and forecasts as required on weekly and monthly terms.
- Provide succinct and timely feedback on specific accounts and overall territory performance to allow both strategic and tactical responses.
- Actively participate with regional and national teams to actively discuss and share successful sales strategies as required to build a better team.
- Support colleagues to help them achieve their targets.
- Take initiatives to find new ways to succeed and help others to succeed.
- Openly communicate with team.
- Collaborate with core Dyson functions (marketing, logistics, legal, finance, etc.) to deliver on business objectives.
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Ability to take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Ability to work from home and travel up to 75% of the time regionally, including overnight stays.
- Full driver’s license with good driving record
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Bachelor Degree required or 3 years relevant experience in lieu of degree required.
- 1 year experience in a sales role
- B2B experience strongly preferred
- Account Management experience required
- Proven success in sales prospecting, account management, and negotiation
- Experience selling sustainable or other building products to owners, contractors, or architects preferred
- Experience with cold calling, client presentations, and closing business
- Candidate’s home base in Houston, TX is preferred.
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold it’s integrity
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of accounting, financial, and business transactions
- Self starter who is comfortable developing sales and activity plans from inception through to completion.
- Ability to develop and build strong relationships especially with electrical distribution outlets
- A tenacious individual who is happy initiating new relationships, opening doors of large, complex organizations alongside smaller independent businesses
- An innovative thinker who enjoys learning and solving problems
- Enthusiastic, assertive, driven, dynamic and flexible
- Good understanding of B2B commercial business and strategies – especially regarding complex capital sales
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans
- Understanding of basic channel conflict management
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.