- Base + performance based bonus + competitive benefits
- Sales Account Management
- Hong Kong - Hong Kong
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a key position within the team and is responsible for growing our brand and sales in the market and across all channels especially 3rd Party/Key Accounts by collaborating and building strategic plans with our distribution and retail partners.
The role reports into the Sales Director and works cross functionally with internal Dyson teams (Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations).The BDM is accountable for growing market share, sales and profits across all channels, leveraging the full retail potential and formulating and delivering best practice plans. Training and supporting the distributor teams to drive sales performance is also within scope.
Deliver sales results (volume and revenue) and profit.
· Create action plans to deliver annual plans.
· Drive effective channel strategies and range strategies across direct and 3rd party channels, and also online and offline, to maximise and optimise Dyson profitably in line with market goals.
· Work with Sales, Marketing, PR and Finance Teams to make integrated business plans for growth.
· Responsible for delivering monthly sales volumes and communicating to the Asia management team and wider business any changes to budget, target and forecast.
· Develop and implement joint business planning across major retailers in each market
· Drive distributor sales planning processes to increase forecasting accuracy and ensure monthly delivery of results
Take the fight for product leadership to competitors and exploit fully our technological advantages
· Monitor competitor activity, report and develop activity to counter their impact and roll out expediently.
· Measure and increase instore compliance to ensure the Dyson experience is best in class for consumer goods.
· Work with Group to identify trends and develop strategies to outperform the competition
· Lead the fight against copycats and those infringing Dyson IP.
Develop a deep understanding of Dyson’s retailers and their objectives
· Conduct regular meetings with key contacts within the trade to ensure customer account plans are on track.
· Work effectively with key functions in Dyson to promote the regions sales objectives.
· Manage the approvals process
· Ensure contract implementation is adhered to and terms are observed.
Fulfil other duties as required
· Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
· Fix things that you can see need fixing
· Identify problems and find solutions.
· Commercial – minimum 5 years of hands-on sales experience managing and developing key accounts
· Proven delivery of sales results (managing existing accounts & developing new business) – independent sales responsibility for either a consumer brand/ distributor ileading sales team in a territory for a mid-sized company.
· Managing premium international brands.
· High level experience of key account/customer negotiations or distributor management.
· Implementation and roll out of retail training programmes.
· Consumer Goods background or technology sales background.
· In-house BD and also consulting experiences are desirable
· Strategic and analytical mindset balanced with hands-on execution experiences
· Strong Sales skills, in working with distributors and selling to consumers.
· Selling high end products, which have significant premium vs. the market.
· Methodical business planning capability.
· High level of communication skills both verbal and written.
· Excellent team leadership abilities.
· Ability to influence at all levels.
· Excellent personal and business presentation skills.
· Strong team player capable of building and motivating teams.
· Performance management of sales team to drive results.
· Decisive and excellent influencer.
· Self starter who sees things to completion.
· Entrepreneurial flair.
· Energetic, engaging and positive approach.
· Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections.
· Intelligent, quick-thinking, alert.
· Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels.
· Results driven.
· Excellent English is a must, with Cantonese and Mandarin.