- Sydney - Australia
From its beginnings in cyclonic vacuums, Dyson’s portfolio has grown to include five main areas of technology: Cord-free and corded vacuum cleaners, hand dryers, lighting, environmental control machines (purifying fans, heating and cooling fans and humidifiers) and hair styling tools, which are sold in more than 82 countries across the world. We are on a mission to improve our customer’s lives: whether that be by making the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines, which keep their homes clean.
About the roleAs the Business Intelligence Analyst, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Dyson by advancing the local business intelligence competency in the ANZ region. You will engage with internal business stakeholders of all levels across the business, consult with them, and provide support & guidance in defining and delivering their BI needs.
Support advancement of the business intelligence competency in the ANZ region
- Convert business questions and high-level data collection needs into well-specified analyses and reporting requirements.
- Engage as the subject matter expert on our selected platforms and successfully deploy business intelligence solutions to satisfy information requirements.
- Promote the use of BI solutions throughout the business and help ensure they are a key part in decision making.
- Manage the full BI solution delivery process
- Gather BI requirements, design solutions and see them through to delivery.
- Support project management activities as required
- Manage business change and adoption by coordinating delivery through to release.
- Maintain functional and/or technical documentation
- Monitor usage and engagement of BI projects
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
About youMust have
- Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau, Looker or Power BI
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and BigQuery
- Demonstrated success of project delivery / business change within Business Intelligence
- Determined to identify solutions and be prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Process focus and detail oriented
- Ability to tell a story with data, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills (written, oral, and across Microsoft Office Suite)
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Experience with Python and/or R
- Tableau DataPrep
BenefitsAt Dyson, our people are at the heart of everything we do. We value you bringing yourself to work and we want to deliver an employee experience that matches the quality we give to our customers. Outside of a competitive salary and bonus, our team members receive generous product discounts, additional paid annual leave, paid parental leave and ongoing learning and development opportunities. Innovation is in our DNA and we are excited to adopt new ways of doing things differently, and better.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.