- Salary will be based upon experience and credentials.
- Claims and Insights, Data Science, Finance
- Chicago - USA
- Location details
As the Business Intelligence and Reporting Manager, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Dyson by providing strategic direction to leaders regarding metrics, intelligence gathering, and reporting. Beyond leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications, you will ensure that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision-making capabilities.
On a day-to-day basis, you will work with cross-functional stakeholders to convert business questions and high-level data collection needs into well-specified analyses and reporting requirements. This will require close collaboration with sales & marketing managers, executives, and data scientists, all of whom have questions and data needs that demand new approaches to data collection and documentation. It also means working hand-in-hand with IT to ensure that data collection requirements are well-specified, properly implemented and activities are appropriately logged.
- Support informed decision-making throughout the company by ensuring high data quality & integrity, building reports & dashboards, and conducting analyses on warehoused historical data.
- Manage a team of analysts and partner closely with IT to facilitate business intelligence processes and procedures development & implementation.
- Identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems while, ultimately, providing impactful knowledge to the business.
- Provide training and technical support throughout the organization on customized reporting tools and other business intelligence platforms.
- Continually seek new and innovative ways to collect data and improve data integrity.
- High degree of collaboration with cross-functional teams within the US and global headquarters in the UK
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Extensive and hands-on experience in using SAP Business Objects Enterprise Tools, Tableau & Tableau Server, and other analytics/visualization tools
- Hands-on experience with integration from the SAP ecosystem and Google Cloud Platform and other databases
- Experience of project delivery / business change within Business Intelligence
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven strategic thinking
- Determined to identify solutions and be prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion; focused on delivery
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Process focus and detail oriented
- Appreciation of the role of systems within business operations/Impacts of major change
- Ability to tell a story with data, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills (written, oral, and across Microsoft Office Suite)
- Highly motivated self-starter
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.