- Salary will be based on experience and credentials.
- Information Technology
- Chicago - USA
- Location details
The Business Relationship Manager – Commercial Americas, reporting to the IT VP Americas, is responsible for providing overall leadership for IT to Americas Direct, Owner Experience, Sales and Marketing teams in the region.
The Business Relationship Manager – Commercial Americas, reporting to the IT VP Americas, is responsible for:
1. Providing overall leadership for IT to Americas Direct, Owner Experience, Sales and Marketing teams in the region
2. Working as a trusted partner with senior business leaders across the region to understand strategic plans and objectives and ensure the IT demands for capabilities needed to enable them are appropriately captured, prioritised and business expectations on delivery timescales fully understood.
3. Being expert in e-Commerce, eRetailing, market places, digital marketing, customer/contact services and other Marketing and sales tool, providing guidance and clear recommendations to the business leaders and rest of IT organisation
4. Acting as an ambassador for globally run projects by championing local needs with the Global Leadership team and supporting better visibility of global roadmaps and plans for local stakeholders, ultimately helping to shape, stimulate and build their IT strategies and roadmaps for the future.
5. Leading overall IT Portfolio Governance Reviews to provide visibility of all IT projects and activities that impact on the functions, including clearly communicating risks, issues and actin plans
6. Responsible - together with the Service Delivery Manager for the functions - for Service Delivery - striving to provide exceptional service levels of quality and reliability of any IT systems that are delivered.
7. Reporting into the IT VP Americas, acting as the champion for the markets’ needs as part of the global IT organisation ensuring that the markets’ needs and priorities are communicated and understood across the wider organisation.
8. Continually working to build and maintain strong working relationships with business stakeholders and frequently seeking out “what’s different” in their associated portfolio engaging with local teams and third parties and feeding into wider global IT teams.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
With experience in a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of leading an IT function in the region working as part of a global matrix managed team.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Strong communicator that can address multiple audiences and bridge between business and IT language
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Strong leader.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
1. At least 10 years’ experience of leading an I.T. team providing services or delivering projects to the business in commercial functions, especially in e-Commerce and CRM
2. Significant experience in IT strategy development, along with portfolio, program and project management techniques including Agile.
3. Excellent understanding and business domain knowledge in an organisation that is commercially focused and driving for rapid growth and expansion.
4. Leadership of IT projects, preferably using a structured project delivery approach such as Agile.
5. Good financial management, budgeting and investment appraisal skills.
6. Experience of developing and delivering IT Roadmaps and Program Plans to meet business needs.
7. Experience of business communication strategy development and stakeholder management
8. Experience of operating within a global organisation with a proven ability to deliver against Group wide initiative.
9. A strong service and business partnering mind-set.
10. Ability to translate high level unstructured ideas and requests quickly into a structure and level of detail that can be easily impacted against existing solution capabilities and developed into detailed project plans.
11. Proven experience in managing large and complex systems implementations, such SAP, SAP CRM, Salesforce.com, Hybris and other e-commerce platforms such as Salsify and Channel Advisor in international environment
12. Demonstrated experience of working in highly international and matrix environments
1. A background in IT and Business Consultancy roles would be preferred.
BenefitsDyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.