- $ Competitive
- Singapore - Singapore
Working as part of our growing automotive team, Dyson has an opportunity for CAD Design Engineers to join the Body Engineering team of their growing Automotive group, based at their Electric Vehicle manufacturing facility in Singapore. These Exterior CAD Design Engineers will design and release exterior component 3D geometry and GD&T drawings, from concept through to final engineering release, working to the program milestones and timing.
- Create 3D Exterior part CAD from concept to production intent designs to global regulations, geometric tolerances, manufacturing requirements and internal standards using NX and releasing in TCe.
- Create and release 3D & 2D GD&T drawings of production intent parts and assemblies to Dyson and British standards using NX and releasing in TCe.
- Support CAD releases and reviews to program milestones, ensuring modelling is completed and released on time with quality. Generation of design proposals and reports as required.
- Optimise and validate designs with simulation, liaising with CAE colleagues and using real world tools.
- Support test, development, validation and local vehicle build events as required.
- Work within the body engineering team and with other X-function areas both internal and external to ensure system integration and compatibility.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
- At least 3 years high level of CAD design and engineering experience using NX or similar CAD tools.
- Product development capable and high level of spatial awareness.
- Engineering knowledge of automotive systems, performance and manufacturing requirements.
- Proven experience and understanding of automotive part design and development from concept to production.
- Knowledge of body system best practices, materials, manufacturing requirements, mechanical properties and failure mechanisms, will be looked upon favorably.
- Experience of DFM and methodical problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands-on approach and a can-do attitude.
- PC literacy, MS Project, excel, power point, word and excellent team-working skills.