- Hullavington - United Kingdom
These roles sit within the Body Engineering Team of our automotive function. The Body CAE team is looking to recruit several bright and driven CAE engineers at experience levels ranging from early career to Senior or Lead.
- Support the creation of advanced Finite Element models of components, systems and full vehicle from concept stage to production.
- Own the performance development of key vehicle attributes within Crashworthiness, NVH, Durability and Pedestrian Protection.
- Develop CAE working practices and methods to maximise process efficiency and product performance.
- Define and attend component, system and full vehicle tests, correlate models to physical tests.
- Share knowledge and support fellow team members within a highly collaborative working environment.
- Integrate closely with key attribute and system owners within the vehicle development program.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Automotive Engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of Mechanics of solids, materials and their mechanical properties, failure mechanisms, and finite element techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of hand calculation techniques.
- Thoroughness and rigour, ability to breakdown large projects into individual tasks.
- Ability to process complex technical results and communicate clear outcomes to a non-specialist audience.
- Experience in advanced engineering industry : Automotive, Aerospace, Motorsport.
- Experience in Electric Vehicle Body Structures development.
- Experience of concept structure development, within automotive or other industry.
- Experience of Radioss / Hypercrash.
- Experience with optimisation methods and tools: Optistruct, Genesis or other.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.