- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Product Design
- Singapore - Singapore
Dyson are looking for an experienced CMF Designer Manager to join our CMF Design team. This role involves establishing the CMF Design function within our South East Asia offices and will be based in Singapore. The CMF Design Manager will be responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of CMF Design and play an active part in building the CMF Design function for Dyson. This role will be responsible for creatively overseeing CMF concepts to delivery for Dyson products in relation to the overall Design and company strategy.
You will work closely within a newly established and growing CMF Design team, all focused on making the owner experience the best it can be and in-keeping with Dyson’s reputation.
About the role
- Own the CMF Design of our products through various stages of development, and into production.
- Be a source of extensive knowledge of diverse material technology and manufacturing processes.
- Have broad experience of both soft and hard material developments.
- Manage internal communications with global RDD, Commercial, Quality, Engineering and programme functions for project success.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Design and Product Experience Team to promote world-leading design.
- Communication of CMF Design using visuals and models.
- Responsible for generating CMF Design Specifications, project and material development timing plans, mastering of material samples.
- Have vision for the CMF Design discipline and lead activities to enable its growth.
- Present CMF Design at executive level and represent CMF Design in SEA Design Reviews.
- Support Senior Design Manager in growing the CMF team in SEA.
- Manage workflows relating to material development and mastering for production.
- Communicate regional design insights to wider D&PE and CMF team.
- Work closely with production suppliers to develop feasible materials within cost and time constraints.
- Establish network for CMF Design within the NPD RDD function.
- Generate processes for seamless CMF Development in collaboration with engineering, quality and procurement internal functions.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with external suppliers.
- A degree in Textile Design, Colour and Material Design, Product or Industrial Design or equivalent.
- 10+ years professional CMF experience including 2+ years Design Management experience.
- Highly motivated and collaborative – taking ownership of projects and at the same time, being objective and responsive to feedback.
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbally and visually.
- Ability to assess project risks impacting CMF Design and recommend mitigations.
- Possess a good understanding of various production processes & engineering processes – how they influence design and fabrication.
- Superior colour vision and eye for detail.
- Ability to travel if required.
- Software Tools – Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, KeyShot, VRed, Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.