- Project Management, Product Design
- Calamba - Philippines
About the roleWhat is the function of the team
- Responsible to carry out the rapid prototyping operations to produce the prototype parts required for technology research and products to meet project time plan.
Where will this role sit within the team structure
- PAM Prototyping Team
Who is this role reporting in to
- Reporting to Fan Len Peng
A subject matter expert in CADCAM operations and in these main core areas –
- Perform set-ups, modify / create CNC / NC programs, and operate various types of CNC Machines to cost-effectively with CAM simulation to produce high-quality or prototypes on a timely basis that meet RDD requirements.
- Calculates and develops CAM programmed control data to set controls for regulating computer numeric controlled (CNC) machining factors, such as speed feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut for part to be made.
- CAD Design Jigs and Fixtures - Inspection, Rework & Modification, Mechanical Motion or Holding.
- Expert in G and M Codes
- Expert of read, writes and modifies CNC / NC programs and instructions sheets for multi-axis machined parts.
- Requiring knowledge of the principles of metallurgy and uses precision hand tools in the fabrication and modification of mechanical, electrical, and electronic prototype devices.
- In the CNC machining production, to drive and monitors operating mechanisms to ensure the efficiency of CNC fabrication processes.
- Analyse and develop new practices/procedures in executing the role.
- Independent decision-making abilities demonstrate problem analysis and problem resolution skills to executes their own work to the highest standards and within the agreed lead times.
Primary role duties
- Fully responsible to carry out the CADCAM Programming & setup the advanced CNC machining operation.
- This position will focus on producing prototypes and modification activities by using the CNC milling or lathe machineries.
- Using CAD and to design jig and fixtures to support the machining process.
- Setting up and operating all CNC machine processes, considered a master of all processes in the machining centre, document processes and understanding the impact of productivity and work to close tolerances.
- Interact and collaborate with CNC Machining System equipment suppliers on warranty repairs, necessary improvements and upgrades.
- Setup & programming NC codes by entering instructions, e.g. clamping or tape orientation, which include the zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Quality - ability to machine to tolerances of 0.05 - 0.005 are typical and understanding of geometric tolerances is required.
- Setup specified tools, and depth of cut in accordance with material specifications and tooling guidelines, follow work instructions.
- Accurately inspect finished parts using the following equipment: microscopes, tool maker's scope, micrometers, smart scope, Renishaw Equator, gage pins, thread gages, indicators, calipers or other equipment.
Secondary/additional role duties
- Project management skills, to manage, schedule, and track prototype production and processes respectively to meet time plan.
- Plans machining schedule by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Discuss with Project Managers or Design Managers about the required prototypes rigs/parts allocation.
- Support strategic direction and specific projects.
About youPrevious work experience
- Candidate must possess at least diploma or higher diploma in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or any related discipline.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years working experience in conventional and CNC machining industries or basic working knowledge of core discipline.
- Working experience in advanced and prototype engineering will be added advantage.
- Good hand and eye coordination required to perform detailed work.
- Knowledge and experience in 3D CADCAM modelling, understanding mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters will be an added advantage.
- The ability to work safely around chemicals and equipment.
- Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
- No allergies related to dust, solvents or paints.
- Normal colour vision and good eye coordination to perform details work.
- No chest complaints.
Specific technical qualifications/exposure
- Minimum 6 years working experience in CADCAM & Advanced CNC machining industries or working knowledge of core discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of core discipline
- In-depth user of CADCAM UGNX software tools, CNC / NC Programming
- In-depth knowledge & experience of CAM simulation and technical knowledge & troubleshooting techniques for core discipline (where relevant)
- In-depth knowledge in engineering material - mechanical & technical data and capable of recommending suitable type of engineering material for fabrication to meet required mechanical application.
Behaviours necessary for success
- Ability to gather information & problem solve with a systematic, logical approach. This will often be for issues with no pre-precedent. Expected to be able to resolve problems effectively while managing stakeholders’ expectations. May take a leading role in discipline or cross-functional team during such resolution.
- Accept & assess multiple opinions/viewpoints independently, recognising evidence & able to determine technical direction in specialist areas.
BenefitsDyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering. At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit. It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.